or Connect

Posts by MommyMichele

Exactly how much more complete and thorough is a Level 2 ultrasound than a Level 1? Is the potential danger from ultrasonic waves significantly greater in a Level 2 compared to a Level 1? Can you point me to something to read on this? Thanks! I am very low-risk and having my third uneventful pregnancy.
About 4 pounds, at 17 weeks. I'm finally staying above 130 pounds, yay! I lost a few pounds in April when I had a bad cold. In the last couple of weeks since I've recovered from that I've put all that back on fast! I'm eating more foods now than I was at the start, because my daughter was still nursing and I was avoiding her allergens (dairy, eggs, wheat, etc).
With first daughter, I picked out her name 8 months before she was conceived! We probably discussed it more during the pregnancy--I don't remember exactly--but I do remember first agreeing Rhiannon is a beautiful name 8 months before conception and that within hours after her ultrasound we were calling her by name. With second daughter, we waited until finding out her gender at the 20 week ultrasound to discuss names, and that's what we're doing again this time. We...
I hope that doctor is right!!! It may be odd to us to have to explain to our adult children why it was such a big deal for us to have homebirths (i.e. Mom and Dad had to have long discussions about it; my oldest daughter was starting to be affected by this a couple of months ago, before my husband agreed to homebirth this time!), but I will be so grateful. In fact, I have a slight fear that despite all the attachment parenting, homeschooling, and my becoming a doula,...
I also asked my husband to "at least" visit the midwife with me to meet her and express his concerns and ask questions, and I think it helped. That very evening he hesitantly gave me the go ahead to have a homebirth. He changed his mind the very next day (after his mom yelled at him upon hearing of the idea), but we stopped talking about it for a couple of weeks, and then had some more discussion, some really emotional, and he is now "standing by me." He refuses to...
Michele, 34, due late October, 2 daughters already: ages 5 and 2.5 planning my first homebirth
Quote: Originally Posted by mosky22 I feel like all the behavior and dicipline problems we have had for the last year are becuase I had to wean, and I blame myself for it. This sentence struck me because I said the same exact thing a few times myself *except* change "I had to wean" to "I didn't wean." I just posted a long message in the thread "how long do you plan to nurse" about my struggle nursing through pregnancy and tandem nursing. I...
I'm another who says "As long as she wants!" With my first daughter I wanted so much to tandem nurse and I persisted nursing her through my second pregnancy despite losing my milk and having extremely irritable nipples. I'd never heard of any problems with tandem nursing and I was sure all would be well once the baby was born (I was wrong). Also my older daughter was one of the biggest comfort nursers of all time, I'm sure. You could say SHE persisted through all my...
With my first daughter, who continued nursing until soon after her 4th birthday, she was 17 months old when my cycles resumed. I had a few odd cycles (one was 40 days long!) and then got pregnant with my second daughter, who was still nursing several times a day at the age of 26 months, when my cycles finally returned. I was on a restricted diet due to my second daughter's allergies, so I guessed my body needed more time to resume cycles. I'm pregnant again (only had...