or Connect

Posts by danigrl

HI, I'm going on vacation next week and I'm still b'feeding my twin b/g (6 mo. old) I really want to have a few drinks but unsure of the amount of alcohol that is safe while b'feeding?? I spoke to my son's ped and he said only 2 drinks a day....is this true?? Thanks for your help!
Ok, so I tried explaining tonight while b'feeding my twin boy (my twin was hitting me while feeding) and my 2 yr. old said "mama, he's hitting you" and I said "no, he's just patting me, he's just a baby and doesn't know any better" and my 2 yr. said "look, mama, I'm patting too" so he started to aggressively pat himself almost like he was showing me an example of him hitting himself and said "see I'm patting" and I said "good job, but you need to be a little more gentle...
I have twin b/g and a 2 yr. old son. When I'm feeding my twins (tandem) my ds tends to take his free hand and hit me on the shoulder and when my 2 yr old see this he says "no, Ryland don't hit mommy, it's not nice" so my 2 yr. old had recongnized this behavior as being bad. My 2 yr. knows he will go straight to time out for hitting, biting, kicking, etc. So what I've done is tell my 6 mo. that hitting is not nice (in front of my 2 yr. old) so that my son will see that I'm...
I think my twin boy may be self-weaning himself from b'feeding. He's been arching his back when feeding, turning away, crying at the boob. So I hated to do this but I knew he was hungry and he didn't want me so I gave him 2 oz. of formula and he chugged it down and wanted more :-( He is 6 mo. old and his twin sister is showing no signs of wanting to stop...HOORAY!!! So what should I do, I'm not ready for this and in fact, i'm very sad right now. Advice please!
bump
Hi all, I have twin b/g and they are now almost 6 mo. old. I took them in at 4 mo. for selective vaccines, such as, Hib, Dtap, Prevnar. They are almost due for their 6 mo. round of shots. Not sure if I should still go with the same round of shots or break it up more. We are leaving for Cancun, Mexico in about a month, so not sure if I shoud stay with the same schedule or if it doesn't really matter?? I'm wondering if Hib, Dtap and Prevnar is too much for one...
Quote: Originally Posted by skyezy Mine are only 8 weeks and I'm already sick on having the same conversation everywhere I go. Yes, they're twins. Yes, both girls. No, they're fraternal. Yes, they were full term. 6 pounds, and 6 pounds, 2 ounces. Yes, it was a surprise. Yes, twins run in my family. My favorite is when I have my boys with me also. My 8 year old is 4'5" and about 95 pounds. My 4 year old is about 3'10" and 45 pounds. I actually...
My son is sweet most of the time but it seems like when we have a playdate at our house he becomes super active, and very personable (which is great) with the other toddlers, like, giving them more of an aggresive hug (almost like he's going to tackle them down but doesn't) but I constantly have to remind him to be gentle and nice, and he becomes overly protective over his toys and doesn't really dig the fact of other toddlers playing with his toys, and just overall I feel...
thank you! i will try this tonight and see what happens. it's always challenging when you have two of them too..:
Hi there, One of my twins has reflux and it seems like after each feeding she spits up a lot. Should I even try to burp her with reflux? I am exlusively b'feeding her. I'm scared to even mover her after we get done feeding, because any little movement and out it comes. Also, any tips on what to do with a reflux baby, like, how I should be holding her after we get done feeding. Sometimes I hold her upright or kinda at an angle. Either way it's coming up.: Thanks...