or Connect

Posts by cpop

Yeah, it is possible that she has other allergies. She is allergic to dairy and soy and we don't do those any more, but I suppose she may be allergic to something else as well. I'll get her tested again. Thanks for the idea.
Ok, I get that you guys probably can't tell me that my child does or does not have a problem but I am going i-n-s-a-n-e. I have a 5yro and 19mo twins. Before the twins were born my oldest dd was a sensitive kid. She needed a lot of attention, wasn't so good at handling sudden changes, would get very upset at the littlest cut, had sensory issues with clothing, very few foods she liked, had to be put to sleep with a hour to hour and a half long routine (and never left...
But that is the beauty of knitting! You just rip it out (unravel) and go again. Whenever my kiddos (or I for that matter) grow out of their clothes I just unravel and reuse yarn. Don't be reluctant to unravel something if you don't like it or it doesn't fit right. That would be a waste of that beautiful yarn. If you are too lazy to rip out and the hat is just too shallow you can pick up stitches at the bottom (maybe in a contrast color or a novelty yarn) and then to...
HA! (sorry, my dd 5.5 and there is NO WAY she would consistently pick up her toys without much prodding)
Whenever my daughter has gone through a rude stage (we're just ending one now) I have done this and it has worked: try to address whatever it is that is making her so testy (tired, hungry, needs more time with mama etc) but at the same time when she says "GIVE ME SOME CHICKEN, NOW!" I say "Mommy, do you think I could please have some chicken?" and then I answer myself "Sure sweetheart, just a sec I'll get it for you". It tends to work pretty well. When I hand her the...
it helps to add a tad of sugar to the bubble solution. For a more professional approach http://www.make-stuff.com/kids/soap_bubbles.html That site is really cool for other stuff as well.
I don't know about your kid, but my kids tend to get fixated on a food and they will eat mainly that food for like a month and then switch to something else. I bet he'll get over the bananas pretty soon. But you could get him checked out for food intollerance since they sometimes crave a food they are intollerant to.
With my older dd we started it out with a whole 'manicure' routine. I made a big show of manicuring my nails (which I never do otherwise!) soaking them clipping the nails butting on sparkly lotion. Of course she said I want to do that too. So I put on a silly voice and pretended to manicure her hands. After a few times the routine got pared down to the silly voice while I cut her nails and lotion afterwards. It worked with her. My little boy was problematic but then I...
I feel for you! My 18mo twins like to hit my 5yo. She is not a hitter and just freaks out. They totally do it to get attention from her. She usually just leaves the room and goes to play by herself. The twins then start wailing for her to come back and I try to explain that their sister leaves when they hit her. I don't know how much they get it, but I think in time they will. It makes me sad for my older dd, but I have no better solution. Maybe I'll try that PP...
Could be allergies or food sensitivities? My dd is dairy-intolerant and when she eats dairy she becomes IMPOSSIBLE. Try an elimination diet, it totally changed our lives around here.