or Connect

Posts by cpop

I've read that rubbing lavender leaves on your skin works. Probably would work with lavender essential oil too?
My kiddos love soft Beatles tunes. I'm not that crazy about THe Beatles myself, but there is just something about them that the kids love. My oldest particularly likes it when I sing "Julia" and "Michelle" but pretty much any slow Beatles song will do. I think it is always better to sing songs you like, that way when they ask you to sing it over and over and over again it isn't quite so painful.
My twins were 5lbs 110z and 5lbs 15oz. at 37 weeks 5 days My dd1 was 8lbs 4oz at 40 weeks 2 days
I have two friends with four-year old boys who both like "girly things". One of them likes to paint his nails and dress up in dresses. His mom lets him do that. She let him wear a dress to preschool because he wanted to (she was a bit worried that the kids would make fun of him, and she explained that they might, but he insisted and the kids thought it was really fun) and my other friend's son likes cooking, pretending to take care of babies, pink, hair-clips and gets...
For some reason, she doesn't really speak her mind in front of me... she'll talk, but she won't really explode until I step out of the room. I don't know if that's good or bad I treat this as further proof that she is being manipulative. When you leave the room she tries to prove that her emotions take priority over yours in your dh's eyes. She tries to manipulate him into taking her side. If it were my house she would be sooooo out
"I know some cultures are very matriarchal, and this could be one of those cases" This is how it sounds to me. The part of Eastern Europe I am from MIL often live with their DIL and sons. And it is considered a sort of privilege of the MIL to torture the DIL, with passive agressive behavior, creating work for the DIL in the house, complaining, guilt-tripping, making the DIL look bad in front of the son, making the son pick sides and crying and throwing tantrums if he...
It doesn't sound like night terrors to me. My daughter had night terrors for about two years before she outgrew them. She was totally unaware when I would come talk to her. It was creepy she would just look through me and keep screaming MOMMY, MOMMY ! I WANT MY MOMMY! and I would talk to her try to hug her and it had no effect. And then all of a sudden she would drop back on her pillow and be asleep like nothing happened. Maybe it isn't always as dramatic for some...
Maybe the best way to deal with this would be to invite your MIL to come to your house alone. Explain to her that it is important to you that your son have a relationship with her and her family but that he takes a bit of time to warm up to people. Tell her you came up with a strategy to get him to relax a bit around her and get used to her. Then invite her to come over alone and just hang out with you guys. Just sit her down with a cup of coffee and sit and play with...
My little man is allergic to dairy and eggs and also gluten-intollerant. We had some growth, weight issues with him until I figured out the gluten thing. Since then I stopped having bread in the house at all. And the amazing thing is that both he and his twin sister (who has no food sensitivities or allergies) have started eating SO MUCH MORE and not only that but eating more meat, veggies and fruit. So you could try to cut the bread, crackers, cereal (my little ones...
why not just feed your toddler whatever you eat? Works for us. Lamb is their fave. They also love burgers and roasted chicken. Fruit smoothies are always easy and you can throw wheat germ, sesame seeds, almonds and some veggies like carrots and zuchinni. My little ones can't get enough of it. Stir fry or fried rice is always easy, I just keep cooked rice in the fridge, then you can just grab whatever you have and throw it on a pan with some olive oil. They love...