or Connect

Posts by cpop

In theory I would let him have pink. In reality I only buy black car seats because of the inevitable stains.
I have three little ones. My oldest was four when I got pregnant and it turned out to be twins. I think if it were just one I probably could have made it okay for her, to some degree, but with twins it was kind of horrible for her. She JUST DID NOT COPE. At all. I think she still hasn't really accepted them and it has been 18 months. She is constantly complaining, trying to get time alone with one or both of us, or just shutting herself up in her own room by herself. ...
I wore them both in the Moby, but then again mine were winter babies so maybe that's why it wasn't a prob.
My 18mo b/g twins look totally different and have totally different personalities. But the boy looks A LOT like his older sister (my five-year-old), whereas the girl twin has a personality that is a lot more compatible with my five-year-old. So most of the time, what ends up happening is that the 5yr old girl and the 18 mo girl will play together and my little man will be off on his own doing his thang. (which usually involves climbing something/hurling himself off of...
So I know this must have been covered before but I couldn't find it. My little girl has this habit of stealing stuff from school when I am busy and can't spend as much time alone with her as usual. Lately I have been studying for my exams (for law school) and she has been stealing from school. This started happening when my twins were born, but her teacher at the time was wonderful and just worked it out with her. Her teacher this year is fine. She's just not...
I don't know. I think you need to get both kids a gift. I don't see why they wouldn't each get the same kind of gift any other child would get on their birthday. If you usually get a small gift for a b-day present for kids in your kids class then get a small gift. Otherwise just get them each the same kind of gift you would get a single kid. But then if my twins go to a birthday party, they bring two gifts or one pretty big one.
I didn't mean to sound snippy! I wasn't responding to anything in the thread, just the general attitude that it is somehow reprehensible to have help when you're a SAHM. I just don't want new MoMs to feel like they have to do it alone in order to feel good about how they parent, that's all. Sorry if it came off wrong!
I would have to agree with the people who say it is all personality. My twins were pretty harrowing at first, and still are sometimes, with gerd etc. But I still find my almost-five-year-old the most challenging of all three kids. The twins are 15mo and they do get into stuff and fight sometimes etc. But it is NOTHING like my oldest. She just needs constant attention and always did. She is super sensitive has food issues, sensory intergration, and pretty big temper to...
I have help five mornings a week. And I have someone come and clean. I don't really see why some people treat it as a moral issue. If I am with my kids all day but someone else is there to help me out I don't see the problem. I mean it makes it possible for me to spend some one-on-one time with each kid and serve them healthy food made from scratch. Maybe you can do that alone but I can't. It also makes me a much happier more fun mama and I don't see the harm in that. As...
Just a word of warning, just as people say that they know their kids are allergic but it doesn't show up on the tests, it is also possible to get false positives on the allergy tests. Do a little research about the tests online and you will see. If your son's behavior doesn't seem changed after the elimination diet has been in place for a couple of months, I would be skeptical. From what I have read the only SURE was to find out if there is an allergy is to do an...