or Connect

Posts by cpop

Hi, I'm Cveta, I'm originally from Serbia, but lived my whole life in NY. I'm 27 and my husband, Mato, is 28. We have a darling three-year-old daughter, Eva. My husband works for the UN and 2 1/2 yrs. ago managed to get a contract working in Serbia so we are living in Belgrade now. It has been quite a culture shock for us but we are dealing with it. I am five weeks pregnant today. Also, I had a m/c in the 10th wk in Jan 05. So we are very excited but a bit nervous...
My rule of thumb is to tell all the people who I would want to talk to if I had a miscarriage. So my sisters and closests friends, my dh and my mom and dad, but not his folks or my brothers. Basically I think people who I would call crying if the worst happened. If I would feel uncomfortable talking to them about a mc, then I don't tell them.
Ooooh, I love the name stuff. Still sort of scared of jinxing myself, my dh was making fun of me for believing in jinx, but I jsut don't want to get too cocky (had a mc last year). What names are you thinking?
Name: Cveta Edd: 1/4/07 (only a week before my b-day! and my dd's b-day is a week after dh's b-day!) gender: don't care, just a healthy baby!
Quote: Originally Posted by Zaxmama well my first pregnancy was a walk in the park. nary a burp let alone morning sickness, it was so prefect. this one is going to be so different..it already is.. I am exhausted, I spend half the night on the couch with a bucket in my lap puking gagging and spitting from nausea.. I cry when the wind blows and my boobs are throbbing. yup..totally different. DH says today..sarcasticly well this is gonna be a long nine...
My daughter went through a hitting stage too. At first I tried to explain to her that it hurt me when she hit, but that kind of responsibility seemed to make her feel even more confused and upset so she would hit again. So instead, now when she hits we say "It is not ok to hit. It's ok to be angry but it is not ok to hit" and I made her this big rag doll so now when she is angry I direct her to the doll and tell her she can hit the doll. So she is happy to express her...
I am naked a lot around my daughter. I think it is natural and she seems interested. I think it can be a good way for girls to learn about women's bodies and learn to not be ashamed of their own. My husband is just not as comfortable being naked in front of her and so he chooses to cover up. I think if you are ok with it and your kid doesn't seem freaked out then it's all good.
The most important thing to remember about this is: Parenting is not a competition. If you spend lots of time with your child and enjoy discovering the world with her and encourage her innate sense of wonder, she will learn to love learning. I think that is the most natural, organic way for children to learn about the world. Talk to her, read with her, play with her and everything will fall into place. It just seems to me like we sometimes get caught up in these ideas...
Hi, I'm new here, but I just wanted to add one thing. I think that you should, of course, be the one to decide regarding something so major about your own children. That said, my daughter started speaking a lot more clearly when she started preschool, and the reason for that was mainly that , as her parents we always invested a lot more effort in understanding her unclear speach. So I think the point with the peer group is that another three-year-old is not going to...