or Connect

Posts by cpop

Wow! That's a lot of little ones! But, you know what, I bet you are a hundred times more prepared and organized than someone like me who had only one before the twins. I bet you have tons of tricks up your sleeve! My little ones are just over a year old, and the thing I can't get over is that they are just SOOOO FUNNY. My first was cute and fun, but this is different. They just bring out this kind of quirky, funny, occasionally mischievous side in each other when they...
Quote: Originally Posted by Flor The only upside today is that he is apparently an angel at school. . This is sooooo my dd1. Angel at school, demon at home. She is so polite and lovely with everyone but me and dh. Her preschool teacher actually said to me how she encourages dd to get angry and stamp her feet and yell, because she thinks she's too accomodating to other kids and adults. HA! Of course this resulted in her shouting and stomping...
This sounds really gross and silly, but my hubby and I are debating this. If she always wants to do it, is it wrong to ask for her help when we can't discern through all the winter clothes if the babes have pooped or not. My husband thinks I shouldn't ask for this kind of assistance from her, she seems proud of her capacity to sniff out the poop, and I have to say I have come to rely on her supersniffing abilities. Discuss.
I just wanted to respond to your question about how to get her to talk to you. The thing that works best with my dd, who never wants to talk about feelings (she's very sensitive and I think it stresses her out) is a roundabout way. At bedtime we usually cuddle for a while and she wants me to tell her a story. I try to make the story somehow relevant to whatever she is going through emotionally at the time. It doesn't have to be a good story (I'm not that creative) but...
Welcome to MDC!
Welcome to MDC!
Welcome to MDC!
Welcome to MDC!
and congrats!