or Connect

Posts by cpop

I would be cautious here. I speak from experience. It is so incredibly difficult to assess what is going on in someone else's relationship. Does she complain about these things? I have a friend whose dh is, imo, a total jack***. She does 100% of parenting for 2 kids, and when they are in bed does all the boring, accounting type stuff for their business. She co-sleeps with both kids. He has a stupid, low-paid job that consumes much of his time and is really only...
For us dd1 was a huge stressor to the marriage. We were on the verge of HATING each other, fighting all the time etc. The word divorce got thrown around a lot. I think the fact that we were living away from the states didn't help our stress levels, but it helped us not give up because it would have made things so complicated. Strangely I think the twins have actually been good for us. We learned our lesson the first time, repaired our relationship in the time between...
I'll try to take some pics tomorrow! She's asleep now (we live in Europe).
Sounds really hard! Hugs mama! I recommend the book Siblings Without Rivalry. It has some really good advice. One thing that jumps out from your thread is that DD1 just had her birthday. My dd1 was really difficult around the first birthday after my twins were born. She started crying one night and said "I don't want to turn four. I want to be your baby". Maybe the birthday set her off. Another book that my dd1 really, really loves is Big Sister Now. It is a picture...
we did it !! We used beet juice and it isn't quite the shocking pink you could get w harsher stuff but she's happy and it looks cute! Thanks for the encouragement!