or Connect

Posts by Jmo780

Hallmark commercials....The song about the little boy who wants to buy his mommy a new pair of shoes before she meets Jesus (even though I am not religious) The ASPCA commercial with abused animals on it and a sad song playing in the background... The tag on the Christmas tree, with kids who need presents....A little 10 year old girl had written "I don't want anything for myself, I just want some milk for my baby sister" OMG
Quote: Originally Posted by Storm Bride I'm on his side. I won't get my hair trimmed, ever, because hairdressers always start talking about giving me a different style and a "good cut" and it makes me edgy. I like it the way it is. YES! That was what happened the one time that I did take him....They chopped all of his hair, into a semi long cut, after he asked them to just take an inch or 2 off. He was not happy. at all. until it finally grew...
Quote: Originally Posted by MichaelsSahm First of all you are beautiful. Second your son is handsome. and your Mom is so beautiful. See its in the genes. My mom is 54 and she looks to be in her 40's. That was very kind, thanks so much...
Quote: Originally Posted by limabean Yeah, major family resemblance! Good thing you're a good-looking family. And yeah, your son totally looks older than 14. I like his hair! Thank you so much! (I just can't see it I suppose) But about his hair...It would make most women jealopus, lol He loves it long & is sort of "protective" of it. Won't let me take him anywhere to get it trimmed, cause he is terrified that they will mess it up....And...
I feel ya!! I get carded for everything!! (I am 29) Here are a few pictures- Myself, my 14 year old son & my mother (She just turned 48!!). I always complain to my mom about people saying I look too young etc...She says not to B@#$% about good genetics, I'll be thankful later, lmao! EVERYONE thinks that my 14 yo son is my boyfriend, or that HE belongs to my mother (when she has him for the weekend, or if we are all 3 together somewhere) Then again, with him being only...
My 3 kids. My girlfriend. My girlfriends mom. My mom & dad. Thats it. simple enough for me, lol
We are also running on space heaters for the moment. Our house is about 75 years old, a fairly smallish 2 BR, so the 2 keep things pretty toasty. (It stays about 75* in the house with both running, and about 65* with one. We have done this many times over the years until we get our fuel oil filled, and never a frozen pipe etc... (Yet? Lol knock on wood) We all keep socks, warm clothes on and of course have a million blankets around the house. Good luck with...
5 people in the house (1 grown man & 2 teenage boys, at that, lol) We spend close to $1,000 total. And sometimes more.
We have a smaller house, and fuel oil. To fill up both tanks is about $700. We usually fill up once per winter, sometimes 2 times. I like it around 70* in here, but I am not too picky, last winter we lived on 2 space heaters b/c the furnace was messed up and not working, and it stayed about 55-60* in here (Freezing when you sit in it for the day, but nice and warm if you are coming in from the snowy cold!) The 2 space heaters bumped my electric up to $300+ each...
Poor girlie, I am sorry she had to go through that! I have had nothing but bad experiences with GC as well. I went for myself once. I told the lady I wanted about 4 inches cut off, just straight across, and the longer I sat, the more anxious I got. I walked out of there with about 8 inches off, my hair layered and I was so upset. I took my dd to a different GC months later, and asked for a few inches trimmed off. Walked out looking like she didn't do anything at...