or Connect

Posts by EBG

I moved to the States in 2001. I'm from Hungary where everyone is vaxed. Unvaxed is unheard-of. I guess that's what you get with socialized medicine... However, you don't have tetanus boosters, only for the elderly or when you get injured, and flu shots are still rare... They just do the basic childhood vaxes, BCG, DTP, Polio, Rubella (NO chickenpox, mumps or measles!). I was the last generation to get the smallpox vaccine in 1976.
Wow, he's something, isn't he? My DD1 knew her letters at the age of 2 from the Leapfrog DVD. For a few months she was really interested, and played with alphabet puzzles and knew most of the letters. And then, she lost interest and forgot most of them. Now she is 3 and a half and is re-learning her letters. I say just go with it. If he wants to know, tell him. Some kids have photographic memory. My mother tells me that I was like that. Around 3-4 I kept asking the...
Here's a quote from Eat Fat Lose Fat by Sally Fallon and Mary Enig, pg. 140: (Weston A. Price Foundation, check out the website, too, westonaprice.org) " The Lungs secrete a fluid called a surfactant that enables them to function properly. This fluid is made of two fatty acids, both of which are saturated. In fact, the lungs cannot function without saturated fats! A study published in the journal Thorax in 2003 indicates that children brought up on butter and whole...
Quote: Originally Posted by Mamato3wild ponnie What is OO? oregano oil
I introduced NT oatmeal at about 13-14 months. I just didn't want to feed her eggs for breakfast every single day, ykwm? I have since introduced soaked brown rice and also just tried real sourdough, a little piece at 18 months. However, she's had a rash on her cheeks since yesterday. I don't know if it's the sourdough or something else, but she seems fine with oatmeal and rice, soaked of course and with butter followed by yogurt to give her extra enzymes.
I also make stock with feet and it gels way better. In Eastern Europe where I'm from people eat it as part of their chicken soup. You kind of suck the skin off the bones. It's not as gross as it sounds but it's sure messy.
I also heard that cracks that don't heal could be fungal, which makes sense as I've been battling this on both of my big toes for about the same time as other fungal/yeast issues, so for me it's definitely connected. I second the coconut oil, it seems to be working but I think oregano oil applied directly is even better. My cracks are healing nicely. The thinckened skin just dried and rubbed off with a little scratching, I didn't need to use scissors. I'm afraid I would...
It could be staph infection... I get it sometimes on my arm or buttocks due to systemic candida overgrowth. If it's just one or two, you could apply someting like oregano oil, tea tree oil or garlic that will kill the germs. If they keep coming back, you need to treat it internally with OO or lots of garlic. Doctors will give you abx which didn't kill my infection and made everything worse once the course was over.
Lactobacillus reuteri is supposed to stop diarrhea but I have never tried it myself. I think Nature's Way makes it, it's called Primadophilus Reuteri. I have tried Culturelle which is L. GG and is great, too. You can just open these and mix them in something like apple sauce or yogurt. Or you can just try a good quality sugar free and full fat yogurt like Erivan or Brown Cow or Stoneyfield. This one has reuteri in it but the added pectin is a bummer. Bananas are...
Yes they all can be yeast symptoms. especailly if you had thrush and vaginal itching. Even if it's gone now, candida is hard to wipe out if it's systemic. We also have yeast/eczema/diaper rash issues. Low-carb won't hurt. What is important is getting enough saturated fat. Coconut oil will be very helpful (2 -3tbs/day) for both of you. You cannot take harsh treatments like oregano oil, so your choices are garlic, coconut oil and Nystatin. And low-carb. And lots of...