or Connect

Posts by EBG

I hear you.... My DH doesn't even believe DD has issues with food and thinks I'm crazy and should not put her on any diet. Of course for him the normal diet is SAD junk. So he gives her soy, sugar and trans fat laden breads, toxic cereals and such. And it very quickly undermines your efforts. it takes 1-2 weeks to clear up her eczema with the proper diet. And one junk-food binge will bring it back.
Anybody has a farm and cows in Virginia? I'm desperately looking for raw milk other than realmilk.com listings. I also want a cow but we the law is you need 2 acres and we have only about 3/4 of 1 acre.
I think somebody here found out how to use gelatin for baking instead of eggs. Step forward, please and share.:
Quote: Originally Posted by firefaery Anyone here have an idea for boneless chicken thighs that are in my fridge? I am dh-less today and need to figure out an easy dinner...The only thing I know how to make is a honey mustard sauce. That's losing it's appeal quickly! : Just season them with salt, pepper and marjoram, or cumin, paprika, put them in a baking dish and bake at 350 for about an hour. Sinde they have no skin put a pat uf butter or...
[QUOTE=Pattyla] Quote: Originally Posted by EBG THe problem with honey is that if dd gets some she isn't nice to be arround. Not exactly a good idea for a b-day party. (ie she starts hitting other kids and generally acting agressive ) Perhaps saccarine? I have made the cashew butter cake with honey and it is delicious but with stevia, it tastes like bread. Is saccharine heat-stable. Can you get it in liquid? yes stevia doesn't really...
OK, I'm off cabbage juice. My DH and MIL just couldn't handle the smell. I stink. They don't complain about garlic but they do mention I smell like kimchi. And they don't mean it as a compliment. So any other way??? The yogurt wasn't doing much, I'm not sure how much the rejuvelac was doing this past month... maybe I'll give kefir another try. I put it in the freezer in a plastic bag. Did I kill it? I didn't follow Dom's instructions. You think I can still bring it back?
[QUOTE=Pattyla]Ok if the poop test is so good why did it show nothing for my dd?? No yeast, no bacteria, (except a low ammount of bifidus). Did we get the wrong test? I just did the yeast and bacteria part of the CDSA for her. I haven't gotten me tested. It has tons of info on everything under the sun that could treat candida. Complete Candida Yeast Guidebook. It just has a ton of info. It isn't so much a concise "follow our program and you will be well" as a...
Quote: Originally Posted by kimbernet Nicolena, I'm slowly getting into NT and have been doing a few small things at a time. I added coconut oil to my diet on a regular basis for about 3 weeks then I started breaking out too. It was the only thing different that I did so I think it was the EVCO. I've always had clear skin and now I have a huge bump on the side of my face like I've never had before plus a few smaller bumps on the chin and forehead. I've...
Quote: Originally Posted by WendyC What is the story on Sally and nursing? I was curious about that because NT has so much info on how to feed your infant (other than breastfeeding of coarse!) Which I thought was odd - why not emphasis breastfeeding? I am aware of coarse that not everyone can breastfeed, but shouldn't the emphasis then be on obtaining another NT mom to donate milk? Again - I think more weight needs to be given to veggies and fruits....
Quote: Originally Posted by firefaery EBG-I just lost a HUGE post that was really geared towards you! I'll sum up: It's really about Fallon having an agenda, which she absolutely does. WAP's research (as people have pointed out in this thread) showed what various cultures ate. Fallon took from that that all are superfoods and that everyone should eat them. WAP never said or even suggested that. He simply was looking at how refined foods really...