or Connect

Posts by EBG

I don't believe in listening to my body's cravings/needs. I still crave SAD junk food. Mostly pizza, doughnuts, fries....Even if I apply it to NT foods, if I'd listened to my body, I'd eat grains, nut butters and whipped cream all the time. I know it's not what I need. So, I'd rather follow common sense and of course the Bible. My library has Rubin's books, so I'll check them out soon!! Yay!
Quote: Originally Posted by firefaery EBG- I think that's the worst part, is that there's so much great info you tend to sort of believe that alot of this stuff is fact the way she presents it. It's not, even by WAP. It's her interpretation which there are MANY holes in. I actually think Jordan Rubin comes closer to the Bible. Have you read him at all? He refers to the good parts of NT and WAp quite a bit. No, but I'll check my...
I have not read N&PD as my local libraries don't have it, so I don't know how much Sally Fallon respresents or misrepresents his research. I have NT and love it! Some recipes don't work out too well, but probably because I'm still a newbie. This is the closest thing I found to the way people ate in the Bible. I'm A Christian and believe the Bible covers most aspects of our lives including a healthy diet. I believe God gave us plants and grains and animals to eat, and in...
Quote: Originally Posted by firefaery regardless it ALL comes back to gut health. Autoimmune diseases have been shown to be completely reversed when you heal the gut. This would also help thyroid function and countless other things. Definitely think about B-12. You *should* have stores that will last years, but here's the thing: stores don't get into breastmilk. You either have to be getting dietarily or supplementally for the babe to get it. ...
Didn't Sally Fallon mention something negative about tannins? Something like yes they help to detox but should be done only short term because they also rob your body of other nutrients...they bind with imoportant minerals like zinc and magnesium??? She mentioned the example of the Jewish practice of eating unleaved bread for only a week. (Not fermenting would leave plant tannins intact...or soemthing like this.) Also, I was thinking it must be too strong a chelator for...
Quote: Originally Posted by saskiasmom I remembered my one more question: my broth does not gel at all. No gel to be seen. Ive made 2 batches of chicken broth so far. Its yummy, but makes me wonder. No I cant find chicken feet lol. How long do you cook it? I can't find feet either, but I use chicken legs. Mine gels... I just cook it on low or 2-3 for several hours, almost all day if it's in a large pot. If there is skin on the legs, it...
[QUOTE=saskiasmom]I thought yeast dont like an alkaline environment, hence the chlorophyl and lemon water? Yogurt - thanks to those who warmed me about the too hot salton. I made another batch with the lid off of the incubator, and same result. Today I will test the maker for temp, but Im also wondering what else I might try if it is a good temp - would using ygourmet instead of store bought yogurt + prob's work better? Any other thoughts? I get about 1-2C solid...
Hi krissi, I am losing a ton of hair, too. It has become worse after weaning. My one year-old has almost more hair than I do. I have systemic candida. Candida is thought to be behind a lot of issues, like leaky gut and thyroid problems which I have. I am cold and losing hair and have rage issues. All thyroid related. Leaky gut, eczema and tinea versicolor;this candida really weakend my immune system. With the leaky gut there goes the minerals and vitamins but I think...
Greenish-Yellowish mucus discharge, might be itching or burning. Baking soda baths help a little. Treatment could be same as with yeast: garlic and yogurt. Internally, lots of garlic and probiotics. Culturelle is a good one.
Quote: Originally Posted by p1gg1e Hum I thought GSE was safe from what I read. My MW said it was ok also... can you tell me more Ok the yogurt maker is on the list. I tried raw cows milk for myslef but not DD the lactose was still to much for me in the raw Good resipes for coconut milk yogurt? Sigh DD loves soy milk but I'll switch to rice or almond... those ok? Sigh I'll just have to do the meat veggie fruit thing...