or Connect

Posts by EBG

[QUOTE=momandmore2]Thanks for replying to my questions, EBG. No, I started all of the probiotics at different times. I know the selenium was causing a lot of the problem. My symptoms got better after I stopped taking it. I think I need a different form/brand. The one I was taking had yeast in it (that should've been my first clue). I was taking 200 mg a day. Unfortunately I can't find a good source of brazil nuts. When you say I might have "bacterial overgrowth,"...
Quote: Originally Posted by p1gg1e Thanks I'm taking salmon oil I have cod liver oil though I can take. Cant remember brand its upstiars right now. I also take garlic, and GSE. Oh and my Prenatel Vitamin ( natures sunshine ) it sits well. My diet has been Complex carbs no refined sugar. I have dark chocolate everyonce an awhile other wise I'd dye . Um no colors , preservatives , hydroganated oils ect. #1.Would canberry juice be good to...
Quote: Originally Posted by mum2be I've had another breakout My hands are getting worse and I think it's spreading to the back of my hands and down to my wrist. So far it's only stayed on my fingers and palms of my hands. Also, my ear lobes/outside of ears have been itching like crazy. It feels like eczema type itchiness, but no signs of really dry skin there yet. And, last but not least, I have it all under my eyes again. It just appeared...
The problem with wheat is not wheat itself but the way westerners prepare it. White wheat flour turns into sugar, it's simply dreadful. Whole wheat flour is better, but: Wheat, like other grains have enzyme inhibitors in the grain that need moisture and warmth and an acid medium to start the germination process and activate the enzymes. So if you eat wheat products that were not soaked you are eating the enzyme inhibitors that will inhibit your digestive enzymes, too....
[QUOTE=Im wondering; you mentioned that you were going to go off garlic this week with your family and do candidase or candizyme instead (i guess your altered diet would not allow you to tell whether it was *helping* or not though). Im very curious about the efficacy of enzymes on yeast - should i fork out the $$$......[/QUOTE] I'd be interested, too. I'm about to order some candizyme...
Quote: Originally Posted by momandmore2 Hi everyone, I hope you don't mind a newbie asking some silly questions! I'm just wondering how you know if you need to "heal the gut." I've got some issues, but I'm not sure whether this is the right place to start. I've been having bowel problems, which I've traced, in part, to the selenium supplements I was taking. I've since stopped, but things still seem off. I'm often gassy and the bathroom is...
Quote: Originally Posted by Annikate THis is just MO, but I do believe that the SCD will help your ds. It helped my dd immensely. I think the disillusionment here about the SCD relates to candida issues only. I wouldn't let this one article sway you away from trying the SCD. SCD works wonderfully for my DD even with yeast. It doesn't work for me, but it does for her. I don't know why, maybe her yeast is mild and mine is systemic (and...
I'd be interested, too. I made it once and it came out hard like a rock. I made the pizza with it and couldn't chew it. I could hardly roll it out, too. Maybe it just needs more liquid.
Amox messed me up- yeast got out of control. I'd do very high doses of vit C as sodium ascorbate, eat lots of garlic and take probiotics intead of abx. Oh, and coconut oil.
Quote: Originally Posted by babygrant I've been doing some research and I'd like to know how many of you mama's with thyroid problems have had your tonsils taken out. Is there a connection? I got mine taken out when I was 8. I'm not sure if I'm Hypo but I think so... My mother still has them and she is definitely hypothyroid.