or Connect

Posts by betsu63

Congratulations. It is a great feeling to pay off debt!!  
Hi, I keep a $3000 buffer because I would have to pay a 13.95 fee every month otherwise. I would never get that much interest on $3000 every month. I pretend that money isn't there and it is a no spend amount!!
i think you need to sit down with your husband and decide how you are going to proceed. Have you an emergency fund? I think people don't start with this because they think they have to have a bigger amount to even bother. Even $10 a pay adds up over time. I suggest you also have an account that you put a little every pay in until you have built up enough money to pay all your fixed expenses for 2-3 months. Again start even if you can only put $5 a pay in it. Don't touch...
Hi, it is probably allergies, but not necessarily food. I always had my dog to the vet with skin infections, ear infections and horrible, horrible scratching. His ears were swollen plus/plus. I finally took him to a veterinary dermatologist. He is on regular food. I did cook his food for a long time, but we both got tired of it. My dog couldn't tolerate the large amount of rice he needed for the carbohydrate so he always got potatoes. The protein was whatever meat I...
Depending on where you shop dishes with eggs can be cost effective as they are a good protein source as well. Add some chopped vegetables and a little cheese to an omlette and you have a balanced meal. A side tip is if you want to make stew is not to buy stew beef that is all cut up already=tres expensive. I buy a roast that is on a good price and cut it up myself. Don't buy converted rice-buy rice that you have to cook 20 minutes and buy it by the bag. Also don't make...
I bought a car with no debt and then started saving again after a year. I am saving 200 every 2 weeks. It might not be enough for a new one, but my goal is to just have a big lump sum as I don't know exactly how much I will need in another couple years.
Hi, thanks for posting. Of course this isn't "fancy" meat, but not everyone can afford the so so expensive meat that people buy. Yes it is true that it has cow parts in it. I grew up eating tongue, liver, kidneys etc. As far as those who say I "only eat free range, humane etc:. This is the way people raised their meat years ago. A friends grand father wouldn't eat the chicken or turkey because "who wants to eat meat that ate off a shit pile." which is what birds do that...
I'm sorry this happened to your son, but I am pretty sure you will find that this is the case pretty well everywhere. I don't remember anyone being helped when I was in kindergarden and that was a very long time ago. (40 plus)    I don't blame the teachers at all. I would never think that this is part of their job in elementary school! A daycare-yes.  I understand that there is so much to think about when children go to school that you think what you do is normal for...
From what i have read on US Agricultural sites is that it is not necessary to blanch tomatoes. It is a way to remove the skins though. I guess how you freeze them basically boils down to when you have more time available. You do the work now or later either way. -:)   Sometimes people get a bunch of tomatoes and it is a time crunch to get them processed before they spoil.
Hi, just want to encourage anyone with a freezer and a little extra money to freeze fruits and vegetables. I haven't done it in a long while and decided to do it more as a way to ensure that I don't have to eat fruit from China. UGH!!  It will save money though because vegetables especially are very cheap now as compared to winter. Google how to do it on line, but for vegetables basically cut them up, put in boiling water for 2-3 minutes, put in ice cold water for 4-6...