or Connect

Posts by oldmama44

I was in a horriffic auto accidet in April that left my lower left leg permanently scarred by road burn that tore the skin off 80% of my lower leg below the knee. I want to lessen the stiffness and inflexibility of this awful injury in a wholistic way- I was in the hospital for over 4 months waiting for this injury to heal well enough to be able to go home. It involves all the dermal layers, and there was a small amount of muscle damage. There is constant pain, also, that...
Dear 2Greencars- I would love to buy a custom nursing necklace! I love fluorite and amethyst- maybe a big chunk of flourite with the large chunks of amethyst and smaller amethyst rounds with citrine or small fluorite beads between the different sizes? I don't get good vibes from serpentine- it's actually toxic! It is the matrix for that stuff that they used to nsulate pipes and walls that has been found to cause cancer- asbestos. You can PM me and talk about prices for a...
Thanks for all the postive vibes...Yossi is tall and skinny, too. He hasn't really shown any interest in food yet, but we beefed up his bottles with cereal. DH hadn't read the label on the formula cans and assumed that he needed only two scoops per bottle !I nearly flipped out on him! Because I am unable to do all this stuff, he never asked me how to make formula or anything- flew by the seat of his pants, poor guy.: Now, yossi is filling out weight wise, but he is...
Hi, Mamas- I stood alone, unassisted today in occupational therapy, playing tictactoe on a table that was waist high, and walked 35+ feet with my walker! I cannot believe how much progress I'm making. DH was there watching me, and it was a totally emotional experience for the both of us. I can transfer from my bed to my commode: without assistance- what a relief- i don't have to scoot off the bed backwards any more. It's just a matter of weeks before I'm able to go home-...
I'm so glad for all of you and your good vibes..DH brought Yossi today to the SNF where i am recuperating and we had atotally great day. Yossi sang to me today and we had three naps together in my bed. He loves his food! Especially watermelon, cucumbers, bananas, cereal, and of course, his milky cereal bottles. He is so active and healthy! He loves his exersaucer, and looks like a little mad scientist inthe middle of his lab. There's a soggy flag that he loves to gnaw on-...
Boy, has it been a wild ride. I tried to post las week and got totally messed up with my username and password- couldn't post for the longest. I was hit and nearly killed by a drunk driver in April, and have been in the hospital since April 2nd. Baby yossi is fine, thank G-D. He is growing like crazy! Pincer grasping everything, standing, scooting, and gnawing on everything he can fit in his little mout, and oh, the noise he makes! Singing in the car to the sound of the...
It's been a while! Yossi is such a cutie pie! He blows bubbles, laughs, coos and smiles like crazy. He has lost all of his hair!Boo hoo...! He also sleeps thru the night, but darned if he sleeps for more than 20 minutes at a time during the day. He loves to stand up, and tolerates tummy time if I put him on his Boppy. He can flip himself over from tummyy to back, but he totally scares himself! Yes 2greencars- you use Weleda products! I have been using them since my two...
BS"D Good Shabbos,Ruthla I have been using schmaltz for years. I learned how to render it from my mother and grandmother. All you do is bring the schmaltz,about 1 cup of water, and half of a raw chopped onion to boil in a medium saucepan, and then lower the light and simmer until no water remains, and the onions are brown. Cool the mixture until it is room temperature, and then place in a plastic tub, and refrigerate until the schmaltz is solid- the fat will be on top,...
I have an infected Bartholin's gland. I am treating it homeopathically, but : what about the pain?! Anyone else had this happen to them? Any suggestions?Or is this TMI, IYKWIM? :
I posted in the November mama's thread- Yossi was born November 28, 2006. He's reached all his markers- b. at 7lbs. 11ozs- 20 in long. Hes 2mos. 3wks now, and at his 2 mo. appt, he was 11lbs 8.5 ozs, 24 1/4 in. He's in the 90th percentile for his height. He's fully awake- no delays, doesn't miss a thing. He loves to smile and coo, and grabs everything and puts it tin his mouth. he especially loves patterns in fabric, and gets this really serious expression and does what...