or Connect

Posts by oldmama44

So glad to know that I'm not the only one experiencing this insanity. The flow is really heavy, tho. If it does not let up by tomorrow, I am going to call my advice nurse because it is really bright red, not old blood. It may be heavy because ds is a heavy nurser. Thanks for all the input, ladies!
My ds does that all the time! He's 8 weeks too- and now he looks at me when he does it, and I swear he's smiling! I stop immediately when he does it and I put my boob away and tell him he's done. Another thing he does is scratch me with his little nails! I hold his little hands and tell him no! very gently-he seems to get it, but he gets furious none the less.
I have only been breastfeeding for 8 weeks. Isn't breastfeeding supposed to supress ovulation for at least a year? The cramps are unreal. I just had my first postpartum appointment last Friday and didn't have any symptoms of PMS or anything. My ds was 8 weeks old yesterday and I woke up in the middle of the night spotting, and today I'm flowing pretty heavily. Has this happened to any of you, and if so, were your cycles regular afther this first postpartum period as you...
Hi, Ladies... Thanks again for all of your good vibes and prayers.My water broke on Monday night around 11 pm. I was just drifting off to sleep, when I felt like a guitar string was plucked deep inside of me and then there was a gush of warmth- in my bed! when i turned on the light, I saw green streaks in the puddle on the bed, and knew that i had to get to the hospital fast. When we got there, there was a parade of doctors, all of them younger than me, and nurses, all...
Hi, ladies. i just want to thank all of you for the support and good wishes...i had a wonderful midwife help me make some very tough decisions, and the uotcome was my beautiful new baby boy! without her help, and ultimately the hand of G-d, iould not be sitting here nak, with my lil bundle of joy. more details to come in the following days...
I heard that if your waters are green, that the baby is in distress and need sot be born asap, as in c-section. I am not too concerned, but I dont want to jump the gun. any advice, asap?!
Quote: Originally Posted by CAUCmama Ahhh...fun isn't it? Starting to want labor just because I want my husband's full attention, LOL...my hormones are all whacky and all of a sudden I want a sewing machine. I love your blog. I'm so there- I want to start a new knitting project, but I don't dare because I know once this kid arrives I won't have the time to knit two stitches... I knitted a whole bunch of stuff in the last two weeks- a baby...
Hi, girls, My due date was Turkey day, which came and went with lots of cxs, which have come and gone, except that now when they come, they are pretty painful. I've given up being excited when they start, because they always fizzle out and leave me exhausted. I had some bloody show yesterday, but i lost my mucus plug over two weeks ago, so that's no sure way to tell that labor is imminent! At least I have been getting some good sleep at night! I went to the Dr. on Friday...
Quote: Originally Posted by Mama2E&O can anyone tell me where I can find a crayon sharpener for the stockmar stick crayons? TIA! Why would you want to sharpen them!!!Such a waste... I am a Waldorf "Lifer", and never sharpened any of my crayons. My teachers taught us that by turning the crayon regularly during use kept it sharp enough to write with, and shading also accomplishes this perfectly. These crayons are not crayolas! I have had my set...
Hi, everyone. My baby is due November 23. I see a few more like me- due on Thanksgiving! My DH says he thinks the baby will come earlier- maybe the 2nd week of this month- its already the 4th... i am so ready to get it over with! This is my third, I have an 18 and 20 year old! How many of you who already posted have delivered?: