or Connect

Posts by oldmama44

Quote: Originally Posted by mshollyk toda raba, shabbat shalom to you, as well wish i could join you in israel!!!!!!!! i'm so happy that you can be there!!!! hopefully soon i can join you actually, it's okay, i can wear a suit with a skirt, gloves and fabulous hat, and that's okay by me. the word "dress" puts me in all states of weirdness and discomfort, hard to explain, but then, being transgender and gay is always a little hard to explain i...
Hi... I have been using the keeper, and now the diva-for over 10 years. the key to success here is to make sure that you insert it below your cervix. This means that when you are inserting it, you insert it at an angle, towards the small of your back, not vertically! It will pop open at the correct angle, with the cup facing your coccyx.You then rotate it gently, and tug very gently on the stem to create the seal that keeps it from leaking.When I insert it, i do so with...
Quote: Originally Posted by ledzepplon Thanks for thw replies! Dd drinks a lot of water, and has a pretty healthy diet. I don't know what the textbook definition of constipation is, but she goes EVERY day--she never seems to struggle to go, and she never complains of pain. (This is a little graphic, but often her stools are half hard/formed and half soft.) She's been very regular since day 1. I may try the flax seed oil, since there are lots of health...
I was out for a few weeks there.Everything's ok, just a little discombobulated by family events.Life in general is good, and my baby is getting huge. She's head down now, which means a lot of discomfort, but she's healthy and that's all that matters. It was the Jewish New Year last weekend, and all kinds of amazing things happened, like rescuing a kitten at my temple before services on sunday, a reversal of my mother's condition in the hospital to the point where they...
Hi, Friends... It's been a while since I posted anything here, there has been too much happening in my life lately...About two weeks ago I had s vision about my mother being trapped at my sister's house in Marin, where my sister was not letting her have any peace. My sister and I have become very distant because of her treatment of me. I had to walk away from caring for my mother because she made my job a living hell. my mother is a very sick woman and my sister doe not...
Hi- my feet are killing me too. I bought a pair of Keen slip ons that are made of leather in a huarache style, and they have saved my life... I love Keens- they fit so well, and they last forever. I also have a pair of Tevas, and I can adjust them a thousand times a day as my feet swell up. I also have really high arches, and these shoes have never given me a a problem.
I have had some similar stuff happen to me-I get a feeling like I'm in a tunnel and everything that's happening has happened before, like a video on rewind over and over again. It happens in cycles- I'll have a cluster of these episodes, and then it won't happen again for a while. I used to freak out, but now i just go with the flow. In high school, it would happen to me in class, and I was so paranoid back then, that i was afraid someone had slipped me acid in my lunch-...
The lightbulb phenomena is so trippy. I have had all kinds of electrical problems as I grew up. Digital watches last me only about 6 months before they stop working. Anything with a crystal in it is fair game, so quartz watches are just as bad! My cell phones never work properly, either. The signals always go in and out, even when i'm near a tower! Batteries? I replaced my cell phone battery twice, and it stll can't hold a charge for more than 4 hours...My son used to lick...
Quote: Originally Posted by surf mama I'm hypothyroid and my endocrinologist said it is safe to breastfeed while on meds....I'm on synthroid 100mcg. Also, untreated hypothyroidism can lead to low milk supply and supposedly if you treat it then you shouldn't have a problem with supply. My thyroid didn't go wacky until my dd weaned so I'll have to experience all of this next time I'm pregnant. Best wishes to you with your pregnancy! Yhis is...
Quote: Originally Posted by mojumi Seconding (and thirding, etc) what you've heard here, it is safe to bf while taking synthroid or generic thyroid hormone. I did with two children! And although this doesn't happen to everyone, my thyroid function (which was abnormal before pregnancy) now tests as normal (!!) and I no longer need to take synthroid. (Tho' I'm still tested regularly.) Here's some useful information if you want some studies,...