or Connect

Posts by oldmama44

Ok, girlz, here's another one... I just found out that my thyroid is kaput- not working very well at all, and really hasn't for years, but pregnancy has wacked it out, so now i'm taking throid hormones to get it working again. My question of the day is will I be able to breastfeed my baby while I am taking this? It's a low dose, but I just want to be sure...OM44:
I lost my job when I was only about 20 weeks along. I was devastated! I was dismissed after only being there for less than two months, for no particular reason. I was making about 2,000 a month, and my husband and i just went thru hell for the last 8and a half weeks. i now have a job and thankfully i was there long enough to get coverage thru his group policy. we were working at the same place, and at least now I can work until I can claim disability 4 weeks before I have...
Hello, and let me extend my deepest sympathy to all of you at this time who are in the bereavement process. I do end of life care for seniors in all stages of dementia and illness, as well as people who are terminally ill. The best thing you can do is be present for them. This is what they want from you- they want you to remember them for who they were, to hold on to the memories, and to simply just be there for them, even if they cannot communicate as they once did, they...
I wish I were there because I want to go back to visit Israel and stay for a while.I lived there for a year on a kibbutz in the Arava, when I was 18, and it was a pivotal experience for me, one of the most important periods in my life. I was on my own away from my family, and I could really be myself for the first time since birth- I made tons of friends and really got to see alot of things that are no longer available to Jews, such as the Har Sinai, the Golan,...
Right on! Just keep on giving your precious daughter all the encouragement she needs- she will grow up to be an amazing woman- all I ever wanted from my mother was an affirmation of my worth- that I was good enough as I was without being fixed. Having such a spiritually aware and awake child can be really frightening for someone without understanding. As for yourself, you are doing the right thing by pursuing the kind of practice that supports who you are as a woman- keep...
Hi Everyone, I hope everyone here is doing great.This is such a magnificently diverse thread,full of really special souls that have a lot to learn from one another, andI am so blessed to be able to have such a safe place to share my ideas and feelings about being different, without being labeled and pigeonholed. I recently decided to undergo treatmentunder a homeopath who uses remedies to heal on the Neshama (Hebrew for Soul) level, and i am having amazing results that...
Quote: Originally Posted by mamacatsbaby OK, so I'm knitting this pair of knickers and things are going great but I've never come across these particular instructions before: (eyelets) K2. *Wl. (or is it WL?)fwd. K2tog. It's not the K or the K2tog that's got me stuck, it's the Wl.(WL?)fwd. that I can't figure out. Can any of you mamas help me out with this abbreviation? Hope I can help. WYIF means with yarn in front. It is a simple yarn...
Quote: Originally Posted by OtherMother'n'Madre needle user. : Oh, I'm funny. That said, I read in a blog (I think) the other day someone got some super shorts needles for some socks. Maybe I read it here? I don't know. Anyway, who uses them for socks? How do you like them? Are they difficult? Give me the low down! Hi. I have been knitting socks for almost 15 years now, and have used shorties forever. They are great when you have...
Hi, Ladies... i hope everyone is feeling good- my baby is movin and groovin! As far as abilities go,I guess I have been blessed from early childhood with quite a few. I was able to (and still am) see spirits and auras around people, animals and plants. I know when someone is sick, angry or unhappy just by being near them. I can also tell when someone is getting ready to pass awayfrom life on earth. I can tell when people are lying to me, and this last ability has beeen a...
Dear Shirelle, I have two sons with ASD< and I got my Regional Center (Alta, here in N. CA.) involved with each of them as soon as they were diagnosed. I had a pity party for about 60 seconds, and then became as involved as I could in their individual treatment plans. I was a single mother on AFDC, so my resources were limited financially, so what I did was use my creativity and my educational background to take over where the state and public school system left off.I...