or Connect

Posts by heidi_m

I agree about not giving her anything, but would definitely give her probiotics and try to pay attention to her nutrient intake to make sure that when she can have more and good stuff, she can get it and as much of it as she wants. Also, most definitely get her in to see a good corrective care chiropractor that markets as having a 'family' practice and does not see themselves as a 'back doctor' but as one who helps the body get out of its own way to do what it was...
Yes to what mamadelbosque said - there is no law requiring you to vaccinate, despite the strongarming that some doctors' offices and bureaucratic entities will subject you to. I'd ignore what you've gotten thus far - several states have systems that automatically track vax 'compliance' and generate postcards and recorded msgs like you've gotten for the non-compliant. (And the very fact that they use the word "compliance" makes my skin crawl and my blood boil...) :
Our youngest is our only completely vax-free child. Our oldest was vaxed the longest, through age three. She definitely gets sick more often than the other two, but I also think that nutrition plays at least as big a role as vaccination in overall health of any person and she has had the least optimal diet since we didn't really start getting educated about health and nutrition until she was almost four. That being said, someone with a genetically poor immune system...
Quote: Originally Posted by Amila If this wasn't so disturbing I might be laughing. See, I actually WAS laughing until I saw that you weren't! I don't take health advice from "administrations" so I'm not too worried about it. It is, however, a shame that more people in general, and particularly those in positions to "recommend" as regards our health, don't do something to educate themselves... other than listening to Big pHARMa, that is.
We quit vaxing when S was one year old, and I can honestly say that it's never entered our minds to keep our kids away from anyone because of vax status - ours or theirs. Particularly when Z was still nursing exclusively I didn't worry about it, though depending on your particular views (and whether or not you fear the diseases) it might be prudent to steer clear for a few days after the cousins were vaxed, if they've had vaxes that shed in that round. Overall we just...
Quote: Originally Posted by amberg007 PP says it all. Just want to add one more thing... I believe that the human immune system is designed to fight disease and I am fully confident that if left to nature, MY LOs body will do its job. Why delibritely expose my child to toxins that can be potentially harmful in light of this? To quote another MDC mama(forget who)... "I'd rather treat a sick child than damage a healthy one." We would...
GREAT link, THANKS!! None of my kids have had jaundice at all so it's a totally unexplored territory for me, been Googling all afternoon but I should have checked Kelly first... Thanks again! :
My BFF had her fifth baby back in July; she's now eight weeks old and still appears jaundiced, although it's less than it was at birth. All of her babies have had some jaundice, but they had all cleared up well before now, and this dd was born in summer (her others were all born in winter or early spring) and has been taken outside/out and about a lot so gets plenty of light. They checked her bilirubin at the hospital before leaving and it was around 15 (low enough that...
Well, really, I think it would be debatable whether CP is actually a biohazard? And since my kids didn't get it, and it turns out now that the mom thinks maybe hers didn't either, I guess no crime was committed! At any rate, sending something through the mail, in a sealed and addressed envelope, surely can't be any worse offense than a grocery cart can it? Cuz I KNOW my kids have gotten various and sundry funk from grocery carts!
FWIW none of the kids ever got the pox. See ya Monday Kate!