or Connect

Posts by heidi_m

Quote: Originally Posted by Shenjall Years ago he played Lujack on guiding light - he was dating ....beth raines? THANK YOU!!! It has been driving me crazy trying to place him, I knew it was GL but I couldn't think of his name! LOL I have been watching it a bit late night on SoapNet...
Hey all... I am the cousin in question, LOL! I too doubt the lollies will work, but a local mama's kids have the pox for sure and some of us decided to give it a shot since we couldn't make it down to her house (about 30 min away) for her pox party. Anyway, she offered to send the lollies after reading somewhere that the virus "can survive for long periods on inanimate objects," so that's about all we know about that - pretty worthless, I admit! As for not...
Hey bamsmom... haven't you had really great luck treating that cyst with Tea Tree Oil?
WOW, Gitti!! I totally miss being around here these days... and it's because of posts like yours! That was GREAT, very well said. :
It would be pretty easy for them to begin by taking a look at Amish children as well as the HomeFirst practice in Chicagoland. I can't remember if it's on the site or in Dr Eisenstein's book that he talks about the fact that they have something like 35,000 kids in their practice and zero autism. None. Shouldn't that be a wakeup call to somebody? Egad. I fear we'll always be the outside-the-box freaks simply because too many people make too much money off vaxes for...
I had measles when I was 13; I don't remember it being any big deal, just a fever and some spots, really. Everything I've seen from Mendelsohn, Tenpenny, etc leaves me feeling like measles is nothing to fear unless you're already immunocompromised or live in conditions of abject poverty; so, living in a developed nation and having access to clean water and fresh food, I don't see any reason to fear the disease. Mendelsohn, in fact, says that the risks of the vaccine far...
I've thought about it since all the discussion about "greening" them has come up. I don't believe we'd change our non-vaxing stance simply because we don't fear the vast majority of diseases that people vaccinate for (and have seen many charts from data in several countries showing that said diseases had the bulk of their decline prior to introduction of vaccines). Furthermore, vaccinations don't necessarily connote immunity, and even when they do it's generally...
Not to mention tetanus is anaerobic, so if there's a deep puncture wound then a couple of good dousings with peroxide would likely kill any tetanus that happened to be around (and that's pretty unlikely...). I recommend you check out one of Dr Sherri Tenpenny's DVDs; she covers tetanus, the disease as well as the vaccines, and gives a lot of information that most docs probably aren't even aware of. Certainly I personally would not continue to administer a vaccine that...
I'm so sorry, Megan! Hang in there and know you are doing the best thing for your child! Would it help things with your ILs to tell them you are delaying until your son is older, or that you're waiting and planning to follow one of the older vax schedules, just to buy you some time? Maybe they'd see how healthy your guy is by then and stop bugging you about it... but I can see that that is unlikely! GL, sister!
Quote: Originally Posted by attachedmamaof3 1) Fire the ped. Don't walk, run. 2) Get your religious exemption NOW. 3) Go to a GP or FP from now on. Call the offices first, set up the appointment and then as if it's an afterthought say "Oh, we're not vaccinating..will that be a problem?" If they say yes, say "In that case you'll need to cancel my appointment, I'll be going elsewhere. Thank you!" I don't give a crap if someone is giving their child...