or Connect

Posts by heidi_m

Oh, I AM sorry that you feel so bad! On the one hand, I think it's pretty neat that your husband and your friends like you and like hanging out with you so much that they keep asking you to join them, even though they know you probably won't feel up to it. On the other hand, it sucks too because it seems like they are not *hearing* you when you say you feel to yucky to bother. Then they seem kinda selfish for thinking of themselves in wanting you around for them,...
I do have a friend whose unvaxed son is autistic; however, she is convinced (and I am too) that his autism stems from his gut and thusly his immune system being horrifically screwed up by massive doses of abx when he was a few days old, and her being on heavy-duty abx for six weeks while EBF afterward. He did not regress - he never engaged on typical levels, which makes sense given that the damage to his little body came so early in his life. I agree with many PP - I...
I have not but would have no problem with it at all... further, I would greatly prefer my own child to be nursed by someone else, or have her pumped milk, than receive formula if I should somehow become unable to feed him myself.
Quote: Originally Posted by dallaschildren Just a thought...maybe your babe was crying and she tried a few things, got panicky, and resorted to feeding to comfort? It may go back to the fact that having been a mother herself, she may not want to have admitted she was at a loss as to what to do and felt embarrassed or inadequate and she *should* have known what to do........ This sounds like *my* MIL... she absolutely panicked with DD as a babe,...
from my HB yahoo group: *Please ladies....* *if you live in Missouri or know anyone who does who would be open to calling their state senate about the mw bill. Please contact them and kindly ask them to support Senate Bill SB303. It is to make hb legal w/ a mw. Even if you would never choose hb, please consider moms that want to. I've not had a hb and probably never will, but wish to support moms who want this freedom. Here is the state senate website to...
SOOOOOOOOOOO great!!!! We're from IL, and I have family all over there - my cousin is pregnant now, as a matter of fact. I'd love to move back "home" but have sworn I'd only have any more babies at home - AND I am still registered to vote there (DH is in school), so I'll be passing this on AND writing myself!! YAHOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!! :
Quote: Originally Posted by MommytoTwo ditto A friend of ours just told me that he heard a doc on the radio a couple of weeks ago saying basically what I had already told him about birth in America - in a nutshell, that docs need to back off and let women have babies, understanding that their *necessary* help would be needed very rarely... Now that he's heard it from some doc on the radio he believes it! Never mind a mom with three kids...
Welcome Dara! Good for you for planning to VBAC... I predict that as you do more research, you definitely will not regard a c-section as a better option or anything you would resort to if you "chickened out" of a vaginal birth! I have had three vastly different birthing experiences; my second was a hospital VBAC, all natural, attended by midwives, and my third was a water HBAC attended by a CNM. My recovery was vastly better with the HBAC than the VBAC, and my c/s...
Congratulations to you, mama! Good luck with everything - you will love your HBAC!
Quote: Originally Posted by roadfamily6now I VBAC and they keep getting bigger! My last baby was 10lbs 4oz and the head was 15 inches! I am happy to report no damage and only a small tear at the time of delivery. Me too! My son, second VBAC, was 10-8 and 15-inch head... tiny tear, no stitching required.