or Connect

Posts by heidi_m

hey Beth - i am originally from Illinois, although a couple hours south of chi-town. i know of a couple of providers near or in chicago, maybe if you can't use them you can call them for a referral of someone closer to you. good luck! Jewel Maeda 2803 N. Southport Chicago IL 60657 United States Phone 773-472-9400 http://awomansplacechicago.com Private practice with two Certified Nurse-Midwives offering attentive midwifery care. Pregnancy services include prenatal...
To the OP: I would at least check with midwives in the area and ask them about insurance coverage! Most seem to be accepting insurance the same as docs, hospitals, etc. The midwife we used for our HBAC, which was my second VBAC, delivers at two area hospitals AND for homebirths. She accepted me since I had had one successful VBAC, but her policy is not to accept VBAC patients if its their first one... UGH! I too am angered about the c/s defining our entire birthing...
Quote: Originally Posted by MommytoTwo Unless finding another provider is an option I would be very honest and say "I know that ultrasound weight measurements are very innacurate and I know that induction increases my rate of u/r , where as being overdue does not." Then he can go on and on and you can nod and say ok thanks I'll think about it and then not answer the phone. ITA!! In your shoes I think I would just stay away until I knew I was in...
Thanks... I know, and so does she, that what she's being told is bunk - I only included it to illustrate how ridiculous the situation is. She's planning to write an exemption, but I want to find her some specific help since she's dealing with a private school. I think the person who told her that line about all catholics needing to be vaxed would be the same person in a ped's office who called to threaten a mom with legal action because she hadn't brought her kids in...
I am posting this and then will be off to search stickies, archives, etc but am trying to get this info quickly for a mom who was told today her kids cannot come to school because "all Roman Catholics must be vaccinated" - she's on Long Island. Any links, old threads, etc anyone has to help me with info I'd be very grateful... LI, you out there? I did already mention that if they go to a private RC school they may be stuck, but I feel like there may be precedents set...
I am surprised that this is making news given that it is such a small sample. Certainly things that are "natural" are not always safe, and additionally some things are not safe for some while are fine for others... TTO is a case in point! For most people, it is not only NOT an irritant, it is actually naturally soothing and can speed healing, prevent blistering from burns, prevent scarring from cuts/scrapes, etc - but other people are allergic to it. Makes me wonder if...
Here's our routine: cold rinse cold soak hot wash (includes cold rinse and second cold rinse) We wash twice a week. I don't really get the big deal about sanitization... urine is normally sterile and fecal matter is all pretty much the same within a family, germs, flora and all!
We have used it a few times and had no noticeable ill effects!
Please check out the study... it's not really scientifically valid and everyone I've seen discussing it elsewhere thinks they reached a bogus conclusion based on the pharma/mainstream industry's urge to curb the profits they're losing from the droves of people turning to natural products. I read it and I'm not worried about what they claim are results; seems far more likely that said results are NOT caused by the essential oils but rather by some other factor - not...
Our third baby, now approaching five months of age, has not been to a dr, ped, etc yet and I have no plans to take him. I honestly can't imagine what I would ever take him for; I can envision things I'd go to ER for but not a ped. Our older two daughters, ages 5 and almost 3, have not been to a ped or any kind of allopathic doc in over two years, nor have dh or I. No one has had anything that would warrant any kind of medical intervention and since we no longer vax...