or Connect

Posts by AllisonR

Quote: Originally Posted by no5no5 I wonder if you've tried a 3-D architecture design program with her. She might have less trouble with something like that than with sketching by hand. (Google has a free program that's not too bad, and even my 3-year-old can make some pretty cool stuff with it.) I guess my only other advice would be lots of materials. Has she done any woodworking yet? I was going to suggest the same thing. CAD programs...
Quote: Originally Posted by Minnow_ Sumo Paint is awesome! My son is so going to love this (if I decide to share and not just keep it for myself ) Looking forward to checking out the other links, too. Ditto. I showed this site to DS and he loved it. Hard to get him off my computer and to bed! Oh my, the Jackson Pollock page is funny too! I gotta stop playing and get some real art done.
Quote: Originally Posted by terrainthailand Mine is still a baby.. but I love it when she licks/sucks/gums me. Am I gross? No, it's cute then. It's just icky when they are older. Can't explain. Wow, I've learned two things. 1. My DS is not weird, because apparently a lot of kids lick, so this must be on the "normal spectrum". 2. I'm going to lick back next time!
I just wanted to post and say that is wonderful. Everyone deserves to have a chance to brag about their kids now and then. He sounds like a sweet boy.
My son is nearly 5 and he would prefer that I come too, at least for a while, often for the whole time. Last week a friend of his from Kindergarten rang the door, with his dad, and asked if my DS would like to play with him. I said OK and came along too - I wanted to know exactly where they lived, not just a general idea, and just have a quick glimpse of the place, who was there.... We walked over and I then stayed for about 15 minutes. The kids dad was giving hints that I...
If you can't do normal everyday activities like play groups, story time, library.... then I think you have much bigger things to worry about than swine flu.
Where are you in europe? If you are in the UK, kindy is perhaps going to be more like the US, with academics your son will be bored with. If you are in the scandinavian area, it is going to be much more play based and socially oriented, which means the gifted traits will not be a big problem. (just pushed to later though, when everyone has to be equal and at the same level.) Were you raised in the states, and therefore do not know the system there, and that is the...
My rambling thoughts, at midnight, in no particular order: blood sugar - could be a form of hypoglycemia - which is hard to test (or at least was 20-30 years ago.) Both me and DS have this (his is undiagnosed) but we are in lala land, lost unto ourselves, until we get natural sugars in the morning. No food all night brings the sugar rate way down. Give fresh OJ and 3 minutes later my son is a different child - suddenly able to eat his cereal, instead of a zombie. For...
Quote: Originally Posted by aiea I have asked her, she's said yes, no, and offered up 3-4 other themes to me (ducks, bees, fire trucks etc) but nothing sticks. I think this (and the dance option) are 3 yo things. She can be very verbal, but her attention span for most things is still going to be really short. What I mean is maybe she can focus on a book or a game or whatever for a half hour, but she can't concentrate on everything that long. If...
Quote: Originally Posted by zeldamomma I don't advocate lying, but I think it's important to recognize if someone lied only because they've been put in a difficult position through no fault of their own, as opposed to lying to cover up something they did wrong, or for malicious reasons. Well said. It is unfortunate that he feels the need to lie, but I agree it may make the difference between being friends with the kids that are at his emotional...