or Connect

Posts by AllisonR

What are tapes? Several people have mentioned tapes? Clueless here. Thx.
IMO, this doesn't look like much to me. My kids (4.5 and 2.5 yo) come home with bruises, scrapes and scratches like this, and worse, all the time. And their clothes look even worse than the marks on their skin! On the plus side, mine can, and do, tell me what happened - falling in the playground, banging into a door, whatever. If something big happens, the teachers will tell us when we pick them up. Small stuff they might not even notice or mention. It must be...
Yes, I called pre-kids for my nephew, who ate a mothball when under my care. I was glad for the service. They asked me to give him as much water as he could drink. If it hadn't been there, we would have called the hospital, which is a good hour away.
Quote: Originally Posted by AutumnAir Does your DH have any concrete suggestions as to how to 'teach' your DS not to bolt or do the other stuff he does? It seems rather unfair that he's not contributing any ideas or suggestions, but criticising how you're dealing with it. This as well. DH and I get along splendidly, but on rare occasions he says he doesn't like xy or z, and I ask "what is your suggestion then?" You can't just say you don't like...
Quote: Originally Posted by Mindy70 So my husband informed me that the boys are "out of control" and it must be because there are no consequences for their actions. (I do use time outs, but doubt they are working.) OK, I don't want to be "siding" with your DH, but perhaps this has a ring of truth to it? I think consequences are one of the bests way for kids to learn. I think time outs are useless - what do they have to do with the actual event,...
Hi. Been there, done that. The good news is that in about 6 months your DS2 will be past the grabbing stage, and more into "helping" DS1 - still a lot of accidents and knocking down, but DS1 will be better, and DS2 will be a bit older and better able to cope with the accidents. I don't think separating kids in different rooms would work anyway. Playing alone would be more "punishment" - some kids might like it, but imo, at that age, they both want to be where mommy is,...
Sounds like a wonderful, sweet kid that will be a great older brother soon (if not already since his mom is already 15 months pregnant ). My DS is 4.5 and I think he would get a kick out of doing this. He is quite independent and likes a "grown up" challenge. Ugh, then again he would want to take 2.5 yo DD with him, and then the two of them might disagree about who gets to hold the money, who gets the pink straw and who gets the yellow straw. And they certainly would...
Way too many questions for one post. This a fabulous parenting forum. You need to go to wet canvas and post there. No, read, read, read... you will find your answers, then post! Doing art "in your spare time" is one thing - a fantastic thing. But selling it, is a full-time job. If you make art, even great art, people do not just magically appear on your doorstep trying to buy it. (And if they do, it is a vanity gallery or scam.) I'm not trying to be a pita, I am being...
Quote: Originally Posted by eepster DH was a poor minority kid from the Bronx (well Canada originally, but his family moved to NYC when he was in elementary school,) So you've just proved the Canada theory! I was raised in Georgia, so how hopeless is that? What if I am raising kids east of Canada? Then again, I am living only in the "good" neighborhood, not the posh rich one, so my poor kids are doomed! I once asked DH if he would consider...
5.5 million people speak danish. Not useful at all if you are not here. However, in learning Danish, I picked up some german, my french improved, I get Norwegian as a side dish, and all mixed together, I can now guess items on the menu when in Belgium. So of course, let him go for it! Hungarian might be very helpful, even if he never gets to Hungary. And never say never; you have no idea where he might end up!