or Connect

Posts by AllisonR

I don't think we should be basing our views on whether it is a science school, ballet school, art school, engineering school.... Sounds like you would be moving for your DS1 school, AND for a separation "let's see if long distance romance works better for us" from your husband, AND because your DS2 does not like his school, AND because you like the idea of less work and more time with the kids.... If you are honestly moving for a myriad of reasons, and can honestly...
Quote: Originally Posted by staceychev Just a plug for one of my favorite sites: www.poissonrouge.com. It's got a lovely design aesthetic and it's mostly open-ended in the way that it works. DD likes Starfall, too, but it's very worksheet-y IMO. Poissonrouge is also one of DS and DDs favorites. Sometimes they play the french section, and enjoy it as much as the english. We limit time here, but in a casual way. My unofficial goal is less than...
Your DD could be left, she could be ambidextrous, because she is so young she could still be changing. My DD is 2.5 and did almost everything with her right (eating, drawing, cutting with knife or scissors....). Except for the mouse. She always used her left hand for the mouse. I always thought it was a bit unusual, but attributed it to the fact that she and DS share the same computer, and since she is always sitting on the right, the mouse is on her left. But then...
Quote: Originally Posted by SandraS I don't remember anymore. LOL! This. Then: #1. being able to do whatever I wanted, whenever I wanted, for however long I wanted. #2. not feeling guilty about #1. Now: Everything. I can't sum it up with funny things they say or do. I just have to say overall everything is sooooo different and I am just grateful that 90+% of it is positive.
DS was 25 months when DD was born. 3 Biggest tips: 1. Make sure you make time for her - even when you have no time. Might just be a half hour when your DH comes home where you drop the baby with him and you and your DD go outside and blow bubbles, or take a 15 minute walk picking up pine cones. It is not the same quality time as when the baby is there. And make sure your DH has time to take her by himself too, for example while you are feeding the baby.... This is a great...
DS, from 3.5 to 4.25 was the worst - and he is a relatively mellow guy. But yes, it was that combination of being totally dependent, and at the same time being totally independent about his opinions, where, when, why, how... the combination was awful. DD is going through the same thing now, but it is easier just because of the mere fact that I now know there will be light at the end of the tunnel. In some ways I think it is so much easier with the 2nd DC. Hang in there OP.
Sounds like normal 5 yo development to me. I don't think at that age he can analyze putting on pajamas and say to you, for example, "mom, I am frustrated because you asked me three times to put on my pajamas, and I heard you the first time, and I didn't need you to repeat yourself, because that is really annoying, it is just that I was busy thinking about my tractor and wanted to wait 5 more minutes before putting my pajamas on...." or whatever his inner thoughts are. You...
Since she is 3.5, and not 6 months, she understands the implications - that you will NOT be there for a 6 hour (or whatever) stretch. At the same time, imo, once a week is not really enough time for her to make friends with the other children there. It's just enough for it to be a big thing. Just my opinion, but I would either take her out entirely, or let her be there 2-4 days a week, so she can really get involved with the whole group dynamics. It is difficult at first,...
Sorry, I can be of NO help. My nearly 3 yo and nearly 5 yo egg each other on. DS is a real clown and gets her going. They get soooo loud. DD is on the cusp of not napping, which means she either naps and is still hopping around at 10 pm, or doesn't nap and is cross as two sticks half the afternoon.
Quote: Originally Posted by LynnS6 I post them to a website that only family and friends know about and that my dh hosts. It's theoretically possible to google it, I suppose, but I'm not that paranoid. For many sites you can password protect things. If you're worried, that's what I'd do. Personally, I think naked baby/toddler pics are really cute. This. No one really uses my site except family and friends. Occasional nakked picture. However,...