or Connect

Posts by AllisonR

Quote: Originally Posted by Harmony96 when she doesn't have quite enough teeth to take a decent bite, so you "perforate" her food w/ your teeth so she can get the bite. LOL! Totally forgot about this. I still perforate apples though. DD loves me to bite and feed her.
That is so cute. I think your DD has a very rich, vivid imagination for a 1.5 yo. Enjoy!
IMO, a lot of vegetables are great fresh but taste bitter and smelly cooked. For example, we eat a lot of raw carrots, cucumbers, sweet peppers, peas.... DS and DD (4 and 2) like the raw veggies, but are not too keen on anything cooked, except broccoli. Also IMO, there is a huge difference in fresh versus frozen veggies. A bag of frozen peas is often awful, but the peas you pluck from the garden, or at least buy as pea pods and then take home, crack open, pluck out the...
I would. He might not be disappointed. And if he is, put it in the closet and take it out again in 2 or 3 more years. The age stickers are generalizations. Take them with a grain of salt. You know your child. Will he like it?
I don't know why you don't just say she is ready, so please give her back the book. Why are you hiding it? Do you think BooBah is then going to overanalyze it, thinking, but she is 2 years younger, therefore I should be better, now my ego is crushed... or maybe he will just give her the book? Regardless of age, some are going to be better than others at specific things. Maybe Bella is a better reader (either right now, maybe permanently - who knows at this point). But...
I agree with your DH. Instead never leaving her alone for 20 seconds, I'd look at it from a safety standpoint. Start teaching your DD about safety rules, about not running across the street after a ball, or anything equally exciting. Take your own child's personality and maturity into account. For example, I have a DS who by nature is very conservative. Rule 1 is stay on the curb, then that is what it is, even if an exotic dinosaur was in the street. If I even stepped...
Quote: Originally Posted by cowboyjunki NAk My DS will be 5 in August and he has a 6 wk old baby sis. Look no further. It will get better, when your DD is about 6-9 months and can really interact with him, on his level (watching him, laughing at his play...). And when she is 1.5 or 2yo it might even be wonderful - when he can watch after his little sister and she worships the ground he walks on. In the meantime, just realize this is a HUGE...
I also like dogs, cats, rabbits.... in theory. But we WILL NOT have animals in our house. As the adult, when you get an animal because your DC wants one, but 5 days, 5 weeks or 5 years later when the child does not want to be responsible for feeding, watering, walking, entertaining the dog, who has to grudgingly do it? YOU. And it isn't fair. It is not fair to the dog. I say this because we had dogs growing up. Oh so cute. My brother PROMISED to care for the dog....
My dd is 2.5 and has always disliked the vacuum, blender, lawnmower... Blender and other appliances I just tell her to go into the other room. Vacuum, DH or I do only when the other one of us takes her out, and when DH mows the lawn I keep her in or we take a walk. Ear muffs are great. I have a big fluffy purple pair my mom got me as a sort of joke. In preparation for new years we offered them to DD, with the explanation that it would help protect her ears from the loud...
How cute. I love the dialog.