or Connect

Posts by lurve

Alright, first I understand how asking for an unschoolish curriculum is a bit of an oxymoron! But my daughter likes to "do" school. Traditionally we have used Enki as my daughter loves stories. But I am tired of all the preparation Enki takes and all the political drama going on... So I am looking for a change and I have been out of the loop for awhile. My daughter is a new 7 year old who does not read (I am not worried about her not reading...). I also have a 3.5 year...
Alright, first I understand how asking for an unschoolish curriculum is a bit of an oxymoron! But my daughter likes to "do" school. Traditionally we have used Enki as my daughter loves stories. But I am tired of all the preparation Enki takes and all the political drama going on... So I am looking for a change and I have been out of the loop for awhile. My daughter is a new 7 year old who does not read (I am not worried about her not reading...). I also have a 3.5 year...
Hi! I am in central Phoenix and looming for tribe. I have a five year old daughter and two year old son:joy
Shell walker at midwives rising is superb. And Marinah Ferrell at freedom and the seed
Agree about AZ! you just have to submit an affidavit here.  Here in Phoenix we have a small but excellent group of unschoolers.  It sure is nice having some support! and right now the weather is magnificent!
i am still not sure how she learns best. i know she loves stories.  oral stories and written stories.  we haven't done much computer around here so she might like reading eggs...any more suggestions?thanks
i guess a little more background into my request: my daughter has never exhibited any interest in learning to read until her grandparents started in at her.  I don't think she even knows one letter. She has never asked about learning letters or the sounds they make or even trying to write her name.  So I am not trying to discourage her, I am just trying to explain that if she fails it is okay because she is young and might not be ready to read.  i have bought some bob...
no real help here but i want to let you know i know EXACTLY how you feel. Our children are the exact same ages apart (my DD was 3 years old and 3 months when DS was born).  I am still tandem nursing and DD will turn five in January. And to be honest I HATE WHEN SHE NURSES STILL. HATE IT!!! but i know she needs it emotionally and so i let her nurse during the day for about five minutes at a time around three to five times a day.  I do say "no" to her a lot.  I FINALLY...
So my little daughter will be five in January and has asked to help her learn how to read.  I have explained that she is young to read and when she is ready she will be able to teach herself (because she does have outside influences like grandparents asking if she can read yet.  and if she wants to learn how to read).  After I explained everything she still keeps asking me to help her.  So any suggestions? I was looking at 100 easy lessons book but I would like to get...
my husband would have had our son cut and still doesn't agree with my decision. but at the end of the day, i am the mama. my son's protector. and since we had a homebirth, i didn't have to worry about our son going anywhere.  physically i just held him and no one could take him from me and thus my decision was sealed.  and now at 14 months old i still hold him tight!