or Connect

Posts by sasayaki

In Victoria, I assume you mean the Sidney Ocean Discovery Centre? (I'd skip the Undersea Gardens in downtown Victoria.) The Vancouver one is _so_much_better_. Unless you're an aquarium fanatic, I'd probably just go to the Vancouver aquarium instead. When we visit Vancouver, we typically stay at the YWCA Hotel. It's downtown (most major transit stops are walking distance and it's 1 block from Stadium Skytrain). The rooms are very basic, but clean and safe. Parking...
We don't have an Ikea here, but there's an Ikea bus, which runs about twice per month. It's $40, which includes the ferry, and if you spend over $250 in store, you get the $40 back. You can bring back flat packed items on the bus, plus whatever amount of housewares, etc. You can't bring big, bulky items (couches, box springs, wicker chairs, etc.) on the bus. If you want it delivered, it's $110 for 10 boxes, plus $1 for each additional box. They bring those heavy...
I live in Victoria; my son is just in preschool this year, but I seem to recall Oaklands Elementary is nut-free and possibly dairy-free, too. I'm pretty sure there are other schools which are nut-free; however, it is certainly not the norm here.
I got it back at not quite 4 months. I pumped around the clock for the first 3 months and EBF'd beyond that. I was so unimpressed, especially after 6 weeks of pp bleeding, and bleeding all throughout my pregnancy. :
Quote: Originally Posted by leighellen The Asperger's link was pretty terrifying. There have been times, over the past couple of years, when I've been worried about Asperger's or autism, but hoped he would mature out of some of his quirks. He's certainly a little eccentric, but whether or not his behavior is symptomatic of a psychosocial issue, only an expert can say. I think I need to get him check out by experts. DS has always been a bit...
I would like for it to not be a sub-forum of a sub-forum. So whether it's under Ages and Stages (and not buried under LWAB, please), or as a part of Birth and Beyond (you're pregnant and hanging out with your DDC, and all of a sudden you've got a baby that isn't in your arms yet), or Special Needs (because certainly taking care of a preemie requires special considerations that last beyond the NICU), it doesn't matter to me where you slot it, as long as it's accessible...
It doesn't matter the diameter of what you wrap it around because you're not counting the length of the yarn, but how many times it wraps around the needle/pencil/big toe. It's more about the "width" of the yarn. Try it around a few things and see if you get the same result.
DS was born Sunday morning just before 11am, I got to touch his hand briefly around 130pm. I next saw him late Monday night, because every time they tried to get me up out of bed, I would pass out. (I have low blood pressure anyway) They had to wheel me down in a stretcher, because I couldn't even get into a wheelchair. I imagine it also depends on your health/how much bedrest you had prior to delivery. The nurses certainly tried to get me there after I had woken...
My mom breastfed me for 6 months. I think she must have weaned me straight onto solids & cows milk, because she said I never got formula. She breastfed my younger brother for 1 year.
I check all that apply, regardless of whether it says "check only one". The implication that I can only identify with one background bothers me. The only exception is for electronic forms which only allow you to click one box--in that case I'd pick "other". I'm white, Asian, and Native Indian. A couple of years ago I filled out the Canadian census forms, and you could select as many backgrounds as applied, but not if you were First Nations. You could only declare...