or Connect

Posts by fotomama

Gosh OP. I'm sorry to hear about this struggle with your family. I was glad to see SkiMamas post, and encourage you to consider it... It sounds like you probably already are to some degree! It sucks that XW can't get it together for her boys - for whatever reason - but I agree that hygiene issues are often the beginning of a larger problem. Just wanted to suggest maybe getting each of the boys a "shaving kit" of sorts, one that was small enough (travel size) to take...
Yup, I've noticed that too. Who knows? It may be user error that my posts aren't showing up sometimes. The kids at best buy usually give me that "yeah lady, definitely user error" look just about everytime i visit with a 'puter question.
Spa parties are big here! You can usually hire a few people to do makeovers or mani/pedi for each partygoer for about $150 + tips. If there's a local beauty/cosmetology school, that would be my first phone call - you might get some good idea from the slightly older girls who are studying there. Yay for birthdays!!! :
Sorry you're going through this! When it rains, it pours... Just wanted to offer a different opinion. I was on my parents insurance through college, and had some medical issues here and there. My parents never picked up the tab, beyond the "contribution" of extending my insurance coverage every semester I was enrolled. I was expected to be responsible for all of my copay and all out-of-pocket expenses. When I finished school, that was it for the insurance....
First off - the cut is perfect for her! What a cutie! Quote: Originally Posted by ma_vie_en_rose She wanted it cut specifically in that way and has for a long time. Her mother would not let her. So, we took her to do it. I just wanted to respond as a DSD myself... Your "Her mother wouldn't let her so we took her instead" attitude seems very, very antagonistic to me. It does not seem far off from manipulatively giving a 10y/o a cell phone for...
Chin up mama. Sorry you have to go through this.
She sounds like a pretty mature young lady to me, if both of her parents know about her sexual activity, tattoos and drinking, and she asks permission instead of sneaking off. Seems pretty upfront to me. (Not that she'd tell them she was going to hoover up 50lbs of blow at the lakehouse, necessarily... j/k) I'd "let" her go - she's 18, so I agree with the other mamas who say she's too old to control in the 1st place. To the OP.... If her mom and dad are against...
Maybe a pewter or sterling keychain engraved with something special about your family, your names or last name if it's shared? Obviously if he isn't driving he may not have that many keys, but I remember my younger brother gleefully getting his own first house key. I also second (or third?! ) the jewelry suggestion. Manly jewelry is hard... With no military inclination whatsoever, I suggest again engraving - maybe a dogtag w/ something special. Lots of mixed feelings...
Quote: Originally Posted by Tanibani I certainly do not fall in that category she believes exists. I'd bet a shiny penny that most people on this board who question vaccines do not either.