or Connect

Posts by pookel

Quote: Originally Posted by Storm Bride It wasn't my post, but I think her point is that we use the term "birth professional" to describe people who have never done it. Given the choice, I'd rather be attended by the midwife who had c-sections than by the gestational surrogate who knows nothing about attending births but who might be called a "birth professional" under this definition.
I think you should pump in advance, but don't freak out if you can't get an entire month's supply. If she gets at least some breastmilk throughout the month, I don't think it's terrible if she has to be supplemented with formula. And you can pump while you're away and try to re-establish your nursing relationship when you get back. I left my younger son for four days around the time he turned 1, and we were fine. I brought 12 bags of frozen breastmilk (about 8 oz each)...
I had this revelation about ADD I keep meaning to post here and I never feel like I have the time or organization skills to put together the whole thing. Irony! : I'll just go ahead and put it in a non-eloquent nutshell. I realized I spent my life overcompensating for my ADD by allotting myself extra time to do things, to make sure I'm not late. As a result, I feel like things take much longer than they really do, which actually gets in the way of getting things done,...
It sounds like he doesn't have any problem recognizing when he's hungry, he just doesn't want to eat the same kind of food you do. I imagine you'd feel the same way if you were living in a household with nothing but processed junk food.
Alice! Long time no see. Didn't expect you popping up on this thread. Have you called the doctor yet? I hope that you can find some answers that will help you. I am taking 5 mg of Adderall twice a day these days and it's amazing how it helps me calm down and focus and get things done. I would suggest that if you look into the risks yourself and decide it's worth trying, just don't mention that you're bfing - they might have an automatic "no Adderall unless you wean!"...
Quote: Originally Posted by smeisnotapirate Feeling a bit more normal with every day that passes. I really just want to be pregnant again, though. I know it'll come in time. Thanks for the support. I haven't been here much, but I was so sorry to hear about your loss. *hugs*
I think there's something to be said about not having impossibly high expectations. It's great to aim for a more natural ideal, but IMO, insisting that you won't budge an inch is just setting yourself up for failure. Everything might go perfectly for a while ... maybe even for years ... but kids have a way of making you rethink your perfect plans.
This kind of reminds me of that "What to Expect ..." lady who recommended thinking, before every bite you take, "is this the very best food for my baby?" And if it was, say, a doughnut made with processed sugar, you should put it down and not eat even one bite, because it's just for nine months. What kind of terrible mother would you have to be to not make every bite the very best for your baby?
Who else here sells something at craft fairs or arts festivals? I know I can't be the only one, but I can't find a thread for it anywhere. I was hoping to find some kind of discussion forum or info website for fair vendors, but so far I'm coming up empty. Anyone? I sell tiedye. Right now I am just selling at a local summer market/festival (it's once a week for six weeks) and then at a big local street fair in September, plus Etsy. I would love to chat with other fair...