or Connect

Posts by pookel

Quote: Originally Posted by mamaprek Can you tell me more about Urban Harvest? Is it worth driving down from Minot? Now that I'm home for the summer I am always looking for things to do! Thanks! Well, I think it's awesome! : It occupies about 3 rows of booths down about half a block of Fourth Street, plus it goes around the corner a little ways. There is music and other events going on most of the day, and local food vendors. There is not a...
I got to meet Abigail this morning! ::: She is so sweet and so tiny! I always forget how little they are until I get to hold a teeny tiny newborn. My kids were very cranky or I would have stayed longer, but we did get to visit a little and see what a great big sister Elisabeth is already. "Hi Corbin, I have a baby!" was the first thing she said to my 4-year-old when we arrived. Back on topic, I think I combined my Adderall with too much caffeine this morning, and I...
They're rude, but I'm not sure your attitude is the best one either. If you have serious low supply - either "true" low supply or, like I had, low supply caused by undiagnosed bad latch (which is still bad because he wasn't gaining weight and I didn't know why and I couldn't fix it) - and you go into breastfeeding with nothing but determination, you will eventually find yourself torn between two unbearable choices: giving your baby formula, or watching your baby go...
Alyse has good news this morning but I will wait and see if she wants to be the first to share it.
Quote: Originally Posted by Maggirayne I did have a Excel schedule I made up, that I had all the chores done in the am. Never followed it, but I wonder. . .if I can find it, want to send me an email, and I can send it to you for ideas? Just email through the system here. Email it to me, too.
I am nursing, but only a teeny, teeny bit ... Simon is 22 months (!) now and my supply went down a ton when I stopped pumping at work. He gets a couple of bottles of cow's milk at night now, and he nurses maybe once a day and mostly for comfort. I checked the Hale's forums before I went on it, and it looks like it's a class C drug, which means there's a possible risk but not a definite one, I think. If I were nursing a newborn full-time, I'm not sure I'd risk it.
Alyse keeps bugging me to post here and I keep not getting around to it. So much for being better with the ADD stuff. So anyway ... I started with the Adderall XR 15 mg and found it made me jittery and anxious. It helped *some* but if anything else triggered my anxiety, it would get bad fast. Instead of lacking focus because of normal flightiness/distractibility, I would lose focus because I was freaking out internally. "OMG! I need to do laundry! Wait! Dishes first!...
P.S. I am reading the old thread now and would like to point out that I'm maggirayne's "friend who is as messy as I am." I should have guessed it then, huh? I'm starting a 15 mg Adderall XR prescription today. We'll see how it goes.
Got diagnosed this morning and subscribing. Have to catch up on reading now.
Quote: Originally Posted by MommyHawk this is my first year and I am using the time to finish something that I already started last month. What are the rules? Does it have to be something you don't have a word written down yet? I mean, it's only the first draft. It's going to be bad either way until you edit it x times... Yeah, rules are you have to start fresh. But you have a couple options - you can choose to break the rules (there's even a...