or Connect

Posts by mamabain

I've never been. DH and I are celebrating 15 years of marriage. We are going to be sans kiddos! I'd like to concentrate on food and architecture walking tours. Could go to wildlife preserve if it's recommended. Also, midweek music options? THanks for any ideas. I appreciate it!
Happy March! I've been on his journey since 10/2008 and we have paid out ~$17,000 in debts. We are about a third of the way out of debt, looking forward to two more years of this if all goes as planned. I'm trying to stay focused because it is going to be fantastic to be out of debt but it is hard. We are celebrating our 15th wedding anniversary this year with a trip to New Orleans as a reward for how far we've come. It has been so hard to go 16 months without a...
Check into Dave Ramsey's programs for Financial Peace. $47K is not unreasonable to clear up in 2-3 years with gazelle intensity. DR's program emphasizes: NO NEW USE OF CREDIT Increase your income if possible Have an emergency fund to avoid using credit Attack your debt with 'snowball' of extra money, from smallest debt to largest. It is a great program that we've been following for about 14 months and we have paid down around $17,000 of our own ~$50K in debt....
i agree with the gist of what most have been saying: it depends on your priorities. i went from wanting 4 kids to only two after taking a plane trip and realizing how much tickets are and that having more than two would be prohibitive. for us, travel and our children being bilingual are HUGE priorities. we homeschool and at the moment are both working to pay down debt. ideally we'd like to have one parent working full time and one home, working from home. but...
i work 20-30 hours a week. mostly evenings. my dh works full time during the day as a teacher. this works for us and i LOVE my career, working with victims of domestic violence. we have childcare from our homeschooling co-op 1.5 days a week. i have older children than you and like others have said, it does get easier! my dh and i have swapped roles when i went to work full time outside the home and he stayed home while writing a novel. that worked really well, he is...
i forget where i read it but here is how i decide what stays in my house: is it used frequently? keep it is it beautiful? keep it is it precious/heirloom? keep it if it fits the two above. i prefer to only keep things that fit 2 out of three categories, but of course, my can opener and colander only fit number 1! i have rarely regretted taking things to the thrift store to give away. i am mostly manageable with my stuff although there are hotspots that i am...
wow, no one replied. you probably already did it. i just had my hyst. done on 12/16 as well and was looking for support. hope your recovery is almost over. i'm just sick of the clear discharge and the smell... TMI, sorry.
I have $3500 deductible insurance for myself and two girls, privately. The total out of pocket expense is $7500. It costs $246.00 per month. But we only pay the big money if we use it (like this year with surgeries). It's through United Health, I think and cost less than half what my dh's work would have cost per month (with a much lower deductible). Look into private. It can be way cheaper.
pay down debt. we're doing dave ramsey's plan and that would put us debt free by may 2011.
We didn't get tested but had a flu in the house in October. High fevers, coughs feeling like shit. 3 out of 4 of us got it. Nothing too terrible. Just at Thanksgiving, little people in our family got tested and had H1N1. None of us contracted it even though the toddlers were typically, sneezing and coughing on everything, climbing on the tables, putting everything in their mouths. I think our October one was H1N1.