or Connect

Posts by Primigravida

Yeah, I tried every hold there is. The only position I've had success with is laying down. We co-sleep so every time he wakes up (which wakes me up) I find him smacking on a breast. Sometimes I'll feel him latch put he'll push my nipple right back out and just smack on it. : I guess he's just confused. I should have tried harder when we were in the hospital. The LC came and tried to help me get him to latch. It didn't work so the nurses told me to give...
Low-income, poor, about $3k above the federal poverty line.
Thanks for all the advice. I'm the type of person that likes to follow direction & adding cereal to milk was not listed so I just had to ask. Quote: Originally Posted by Mrs_Hos 4. He may be acting hungry when really he needs to suck...that sucking reflex is strong in many babies! Also, his tummy may hurt due to the formula--most babies don't take well to cow milk and most formula is based off that. So he may be sucking to allieviate a pain in his...
His lil butt won't latch on so I've been pumping. But since last week my supply has dropped so I have him on Enfamil.
Are there any moms here that add a lil rice cereal to their baby's bottle? My baby isn't but 1 month old and my folks said that I should be adding a lil bit (like a teaspoon) to his milk to help him sleep. My friend started adding rice cereal to her baby's milk at 2wks (her baby is 3wks now, mine is 4wks). It seems like everyone else is doing it. He doesn't have any trouble sleeping, but he's SUPER greedy. (I can't pump fast enought to feed him ) I read that...
Nothing. Matter of fact....I don't wear clothes in the house anyway. I guess I'll have to clothe my nekkid'ness when he gets about 1.
Amen for internet in the hospital room! I haven't had 1 successful bf session yet. He just shuts his mouth an sucks on his tounge. The lactation consultant came by and we tried using a nipple shield and that didn't work. Then the majority of the time he won't even open his mouth. So far he's had 3bottle feedings. So the RN suggested that I just...
My friend Mimi (18) has Gonereaha and I knew it before she told anybody. (I told y'all I was psychic! This proves it!) Also something about her story doesn't add up. Ok, she pregnant also. About a month or two. She says that the baby's daddy is Julian, her BF. Now.....she went to the hospital about a month and 1/2 after being out sick from work for an entire week. This is when she found out she had gonereaha. At this time I didn't know she had gonereaha, but...
Quote: Originally Posted by Jenelle It sounds as though you're expecting it to come in before baby is born... sorry if I misunderstood your post! Yeah, that's what I thought. Oh well, I learn something new everyday.
I'm due within the next 3 weeks. When will I start leaking?