or Connect

Posts by papschmitty

I couldn't read and not post. I'm so, so sorry about you mom. I, too, lost my mom after a painful 2 month battle with cancer. She was only 54 and my best friend in the entire world. That was 2 years ago. I still miss her terribly but it has gotten easier with time. My dad has gone off the deep end since her death but my sister and I are even closer since her passing. Lean on the people you trust the most. It's a very painful journey, one I wouldn't wish on my worst...
I got a new PC a while back from the Dell outlet. It was refurbished but had the same warranty as a new machine. I spent about $300 (no monitor) and have been perfectly happy with it so far. Consumer Reports just rated computers andtheir best buy for PCs was the Compaq Presario CQ5210F. Quote: This budget-priced computer is a CR Best Buy. Despite its low price, you get 3GB of memory. But don't expect many extras beyond that. Price as tested: $360
I try to pick up things throughout the year when I spot a good deal. I have cut back the amount of unnecessary spending I do so I'm not out shopping nearly as much as I used to. It's great for our budget but a lot harder to score awesome bargains. So far I have all the stocking stuffers for the kids, a rolling suitcase for DS (he'll be 1 so he won't be disappointed that it's kind of a dorky thing to get ) and I'm trying to find a gently used kid's bike on Craigslist...
Sarah Farthing was at my homebirth in January and was phenomenal! http://www.frombellytobirth.com/
nak My aunt delivered there several years ago. The midwife was awesome but the nurses sucked (i'm not nurse bashing, I'm an RN myself). They were very rude and disrespectful of the mw. One cranked up her pitocin to speed things along despite being told by the mw to keep the same dose. When her progress stalled, the on call OB came in and told her to be quiet (she was vocalizing a lot) and try harder or she was getting a c/s. :
How's recovery going? Recovery from the birth was great. I had an IUD put in last week but it started coming out the same day so with some phone instructions from the MW, I removed it myself (I'm a family planning nurse so she felt comfortable with the less-than-standard approach) How's nursing working? Nursing itself is going great. I have loser boobs though and get mastitis all the time. The same thing happened with DD. I get deathly ill and it is so much...
I delivered DD there 3 tears ago and had a wonderful experience. I saw Donna Payne-Snyder a midwife at St. Joe's Women's Clinic and she was phenomenal. I had an all natural, hypnobirthing water birth. All the providers were very respectful of my wishes. No one even batted an eye when I declined the Hep B vaccine. I would have had my next child there as well but my mom died in that hospital 2 years ago (they were phenomenal then too) and I just couldn't bring myself to go...
We do onion, cream cheese, ham, and the mushroom stems chopped up. :
I think it can really vary. When my grandma was diagnosed, we were told that she had a very rapidly progressing form of the disease and probably would not survive more than 5 years. She held on for over a decade. She was very young (mid 60's) and otherwise very healthy. She lost her recognition of people in kind of a reverse chronological order; first recent friends, then great grandkids, then grandkids, then her own children. Though her memory would come and go. She...