or Connect

Posts by lovelee

My daughter is about 5.5 mo. old too, and also a MAJOR crab.  I love her to pieces, but I'm exhausted.  She has cried so much since birth.  She is my 4th, and my other three kids were all "high needs", but she is WAY harder.  She HATES the car, screams instantly, and the whole time if we go anywhere (refuses to let me nurse her in her seat), will only nurse to sleep at home in my rocking chair, will only nurse/sleep in my arms 24/7, and is STILL fussy!!  She wants...
I think she'll be well enough to go back tomorrow, so I will talk to her teacher today when I pick up my other two from school. She hasn't mentioned any trouble with the school work, but she does say "she has no friends", though I'm not sure if that's true. She's a very outgoing kid, and I can't imagine she has no one to play with... I'm afraid if I went to have lunch with her, that it would make it worse. I could volunteer for playground duty, but I don't think...
The teacher says she does ok while there. No, she hasn't wanted to go since about day 4.
Things got a little better, then she had another really bad day where we had to hand her off/pry her off crying and clinging. Again, I just *never* do that, so it's been hard. She's been in school for about 6 weeks now. It is better in the sense that she will technically go, but I think only because she knows we will "hand her off" if she clings. Nearly every day she tells me she hates school, and wants to stay home with me, because she misses me. No amount of...
Hey there, I received final word today that our appeal at getting our religious immunization exemption (at our local parochial school), has been denied. This has been a terribly involved process that has been going on for 2 months now. Legally, we still believe we are entitled to an exemption, but at this point nothing short of a legal battle is going to solve it, and we're not up for that. My real question here is, I just don't know what to say to people. If you...
Sorry, no, a private school requiring us to vax, to keep kids enrolled.
My children are 12, 9, and 6.
I am in the middle of an immunization situation and need excellent resources on the dangers of the DPT and Hep B vaccine specifically. We made our decision to not vax 12 years ago, so alot of my old resources/etc. are out dated... Thanks!
Hey Mamas, Need some help here. We are a former homeschooling family of three kids (7th, 3rd, and 1st grade), going the private school route this year. My 1st grade daughter *really* wanted to go to school this year, and was so excited to start. The first 3 days went great, but yesterday after school she said "I started missing you today mommy". We talked a little, I tried to "connect" with her a bit more last night, etc. Today she got up got dressed, and all that,...
Raene, Can you tell me what steps you took to approach your diocese? I am getting ready to do this with our Catholic school, and I'm pretty sure this will have to be my next step also. Thanks!