or Connect

Posts by Vortexing

I have two kiddos now and I'm thinking ahead for next fall for what to arrange for childcare. My kids will be 5 (obviously) and 2 when kindergarten starts next fall. We have always just had a part time nanny come in and then shift our schedules so we can both work, but minimize childcare time and cost. So my issue is I want to get as much bang for my childcare buck (aka - if someone else is with my kids, I'd best be at work and minimizing it), but also do the important...
I have a nearly 9 mth old and I WOH (but basically part time). She hasn't gotten bad about crying when I leave (in fact today she even crawled off my lap to go greet our nanny!!), but my DD1 was HORRIBLE with this so I was thinking about trying something preemptively just in case. I was thinking maybe starting to leave a stuffed animal or something with her when I go to work, that I only give to her when I go to work. I'd tell the nanny to give it to her if she's...
Dang, didn't check MDC for too long!! We can't make it that day, but we're SO up for the next one!!
How about: We don't put allen wrenches in the dog's anus, she doesn't need "tightened". (Especially when the dog is a 13 year old, blind, deaf, arthritic Labrador who never would've seen it coming). or We don't put our noses in sister's mouth. (I don't know why she insists on doing this, but it's been 5 weeks now and seriously she tries it daily.)
Sweet. That means that my family can't harass us for the frequent changes since other people do it too. I'm so glad to hear that non-EC'ing families do this too.. I know some people who throw on a sposie and don't change it 'till the morning. eeewwwww....
We're an EC'ing family, and at night DD2 sleeps in a prefold/t-shirt on a wool pad and I change her whenever she's wet at night. This ends up being every 2 hours when she wakes enough to pee. Soon we'll start pottying her at night once a "schedule" seems to form for her. If we weren't EC'ing, would we still be changing her this often? I can't stand the thought of leaving her knowing she's wet, but at the same time sleep is hard to come by for me, and I don't really...
They won't fray. Just cut. You have too many other things to be doing right now to be hemming former-onesies (unless that's something you enjoy doing, in which case, go for it). I have onesies that were cut off for DD1 and are now working for DD2.
ooo, she's going to start eating snack (that the school provides) AND lunch (that I provide) at school three times a week starting September. Maybe I can count on some peer pressure to help out there??? I'd never thought about that! Wahooooo!!!!
Quote: Originally Posted by steph66 It gets so bad some days that all I can do at the end of the day is bawl my eyes out in the shower and think about how I have NO idea what I'm doing anymore and how apparently nothing is working and how can I have failed this beautiful little human being, because apparently shes not happy. Yeah, how do they manage to take previously (somewhat?) confident parents and just smash us into little sniveling balls...
Quote: Originally Posted by beachbaby right there with you all...Just wanted to say I've seen a BIG improvement in DD after upping her intake of omega 3s....We've been using flax and the Nordic Naturals chewable fish oil soft gels. It's not magic, but DD is much more even-keeled and overall more reasonable in the last 3 weeks since we've started using the supplements. Funny, we've had a couple of things pop up with the newborn, me and DD1 that...