or Connect

Posts by Incubator

I didn't ask him to make this choice. When you hear it every day and he talks about how all his friends go to regular school, and then one day your husband comes home and says "Hey, I want him to go to PS. HE want's to go to PS." In the end, DS did not really make any decisions, DH did. It just so happened that DS agreed at the time, and a week later they both changed their minds.   I didn't say he could make a decision like that clearly, in fact I believe I clearly...
  It turned out later that THIS was the problem. I told him the answer to that is to talk to me about it, not immediately turn around and insist that he need to go to PS.    I would understand this if I hadn't already told DH beforehand that we would be taking the fall off (Turns out he just doesn't listen.) It was an unusually horrible summer around these parts, and several months of limited outside play really wore on us. Besides the fact that the boy is in...
I wouldn't have sent DS if he himself did not want to give it a try anyway. I tried explaining to him what school is like, that did not deter him. It one of those things that he really had to experience to understand. Even when we pulled him out he didn't really want to quit. He agreed that there were things about it that he did not like, and now he is happy being at home and not in PS. I don't believe he got "hurt." I believe he made a choice that he later decided he...
I couldn't read and not reply. I was in that boat once and it's a hard place to be. Look at it this way, If the girls' mom says EVERYONE got it last year, weren't they all vaxed? If it didn't protect them, what makes you think it will protect you?   Just hang tight. I know anytime my kids get new friends or visit a new location they get sick a few times in a row, then they get some immunity to the new bugs they've been around and they get better.
We are not religious, I am not the sort to believe that it is my "duty" to obey. I just know that my husband can be stubborn. As I said before my usual tactic is to give him what he wants until he sees that he's wrong. What good does it do me to argue with him?   As far as DS going on days' notice, that bit was my decision. DH wanted to put him in for next school year, I told him I'd rather do it now. If he chooses to stay in PS he's got time to adjust BEFORE 1st grade,...
My kid does the exact same thing. My poor lillies in the back yard may likely never bloom because DS keeps hacking them down. What finally got my kid interested in homeschool was the venus fly trap. We started watching videos about them on you tube and soon we watched videos about bugs, then it was videos about snakes eating mice, then spiders, then owls. Then he wanted to make a venus fly trap out of paper.Then he wanted to make bugs so we learned about origami. That...
Starfallers here too.
Wednesday the Boy comes home and says he got in trouble for not taking his (empty) backpack. Thursday morning he wakes up crying and throwing a fit. Ten minutes until the bus arrives and I still haven't been able to get him dressed. DH and I decide it's not working, Boy stays home. We have a great day back to the homeschooling, very little fuss from the boy over it. Now I just have to go to the school and withdraw him.   So our fabulous adventure into public school...
Boy came home from school yesterday with his lunch still in his backpack. Uneaten. I ask him what he ate for lunch and he says he had yogurt and string cheese. Apparently he totally forgot that his lunch was in his backpack, and ate the yogurt and cheese that was left in his cubby overnight. I don't understand why his teacher did not remind him to put his lunch with the other lunches by the door, seeing as how she knew it was only his second day of school....
At this point my son has to agree to leave public school. He's not as thrilled as I honestly thought he'd be, but I still think it's going to take him some time.   He came home yesterday and couldn't remember a thing he did. He said first they did school, then they played for awhile, then they went to the lunch room. At lunch he couldn't find the spoon for his yogurt and didn't get to eat it, then they made him throw it away, despite the fact that I asked him to put...