or Connect

Posts by sesa70

KatWrangler, can you share how its been going so far and what you have noticed in terms of side effects?
I wanted to bump this up and see if anyone has made any progress or decision :) I know I haven't! I had another follow up, as her endo likes to see her every 6 months. She said her rate of growth has slowed way down, which I actually found surprising because I have seen her clothes get too small and family commenting on how she's grown. Either way, her endo was really pushing growth hormone this time around, saying that if her rate of growth slows down she won't even...
I've been requesting a ton of books from the library to preview first and decide what I want to own. There seems to be a ton of books for children born in China, and my daughter does like most of them (star of the week and motherbridge of love) but I wanted more appropriate books for her situation.   I actually really liked the mulberry bird by Anne Braff Brodzinsky; it is not a happy feel good book but I thought still a good read and worth having on the shelf. I'm...
Congratulations! Beautiful family :) Big sisters both look so proud!
It seems more difficult to find books that are based on domestic adoption. I have come across many books aimed towards families with daughters from China, and they have mostly been lovely books, but they are not relevant to our story at all. Even the domestic adoption books tend to talk about flying far away to get the child or describe details I would rather keep vague (since we don't know them) like using birthmothers age or poverty as a reason for placement.
My 7 yr old daughters favorite adoption themed books are sweet moon baby and the red thread, even though they are both more relevant to international adoption and she was adopted domestically. I think she must like the whimsical/fairy tale theme to both of them.   I like to have a few adoption fiction story books for my kids to look at when they want to, so I was wondering what are some of everyone else's kids favorites? Does anyone have recommendations with books...
Another thing to keep in mind is what a baby can tolerate. Just because you would prefer a particular kind of formula doesn't mean the baby will be able to tolerate it :)   My now 2yr old dd came home on regular similac and could not tolerate it. We tried multiple formulas (lactose free, partially hydrolized like nestle good start, more broken down/hydrolyzed like nutramagen and alimentum) and ultimately had to keep her on the most expensive stuff out there, neocate,...
current husband and I are basically incompatible. We got together when we were 18 and I got pregnant with my oldest dd less than 6 months later. Fast forward 14 years and two more kids and here we are. He basically makes no decisions in our lives and gives me no opinions but then blames me when things don't turn out the way he wants. I believe he is clinically depressed, but he blames me for all of his unhappiness. Our relationship was never really great, but it seems to...
I have an idea of how frustrated you are, my 23 month old has sensory issues and had had some of the same behaviors in the past. I am far from the point of having a solution, but I do find the idea of a 'sensory diet' helpful. Giving her the sensory input she needs helps her regulate her behavior more of the day. In my (very small!) living room I have a trampoline, rody horse, wheely bug and plastic slide. These things help, and I make sure to give her at least half hour...
I don't remember the specifics, but I seem to recall there being something about Illinois where you have to work with an agency, even if you do work with a lawyer. I did not go that route, but  I recall there being some specifications against working directly/only with a lawyer.    adoptive parents are able to switch agencies, definitely, but it isn't very easy and is pretty costly. Hopefully that would be within the means of this family the OP has chosen :)