or Connect

Posts by sesa70

Thank you! I totally agree... babies this age are into so much that I do feel bad with everything being no no no all the time! I am also trying to teach her to be gentle, that is actually going much better. Her sister is disabled, and baby dd is in the eye poking stage... older dd cannot turn away quick enough so often gets poked. So, we take her hand and touch very softly and say gentle and smile. We also have a cat and dogs that we try to teach her to be gentle...
Hello! I am new to this forum, I usually hang out over in adoption I am wondering what is the best way to teach a baby no? My dd is crawling and getting into everything. I have my house pretty well childproofed and I dont see anything dangerous to her, but there are a few things I cant move that I dont want her to play with. One example is my computer desk! I have the wires and outlets covered up with a big hard plasic tupperware top (like from the huge 55...
Quote: Originally Posted by PatchyMama Your DH was being a jerk. I am sorry mama I am glad you went to her tho. She is only 10 months, such a baby still I totally agree! Seriously, is only been about a week that she has been having sleep issues. She is so little, and she sounded so pathetic in there all by herself crying mama!
Quote: Originally Posted by akafrogs I just read that she's in a crib. It could be separation anxiety too. Go to the article about crying in arms on MDC and go pick up your baby. Yes, she is in a crib. Dh has always been adamantly against co sleeping. Even when one of the kids is sick or something, he still refuses! I have no problem holding her while she cries. He, however, wants to leave her alone to be hysterical and says its a behavior...
I am pretty stressed out abuot this I had been super lucky. My daughter was always a champion sleeper! Sleeping through the night, never fussing to fall asleep, life was good Just over the last week or so, she has been SO resistant to sleep. She used to fall asleep on her own... never any crying involved. She is pretty independant and has never been much of a cuddler. Anyway, now she just refuses to sleep. No naps, not at night. If I so much as walk by her crib...
I just found out that my neighbor, 3 houses down, adopted her daughter from China. I had no idea, I just assumed she was bio b/c mom is Asian and dad caucasion. I found out from another neighbor while we were talking about my daughter's adoption. I would love to talk with my neigbhor about her experiences adopting internationally, its always nice to meet other adoptive parents. How do you think I can approach her about her daughter without seeming nosey or rude?
sorry for the confusion...Griffin, I am half hispanic, and our first adopted daughter is hispanic. My husband does not feel comfortable adopting an african american child. Sharon, thank you for your responce. It is very valuable to me to read that! I think one of the reasons my husband is uncomfortable with a transracial adoption is just that... cultural identity. Hispanic culture is part of our daily lives b/c its who I am.... so is the 'white suburban' culture b/c...
I just noticed in some of the sigs that there are a couple of Chicago area moms on here? Just wanted to say HI, i am one too! LOL! Maybe we can have a playdate?
Im so excited that ours is coming up soon! I just wanted to ask what to expect, how long it takes, etc. Also, I really wanted to know if you thought it was appropriate to take our older daugther with? She is 7. I am not sure if this is something we should leave her with a sitter for, or if she is welcome to come too. thanks!
Well, my particular family is pretty fair. I have light brown hair, green eyes, fair skin and freckles. I think, though, that that is pretty irrelevant in the 'stigma' my family feels. I think its pretty stupid, but a hispanic person, even one who looks black, to them is somehow 'different' than an AA or american black person. I personally dont understand.