or Connect

Posts by jackaroosmom

I want to thank everyone for their responses.  I feel so emotional about this. I want the best for my son and I have to find the courage to jump in and do what I know is best!  I do live in a very family-friendly city and there are many parks and activities for kids.  I do want to learn along with him and find that more exciting than scary.  The math part might actually help to finally heal my math-phobia!  I think the main obstacle is to find a way to schedule my day so...
My son started kindergarten this year in public school.  I volunteer twice a week and I really feel horrible about the learning environment. My son is doing okay, but spends much of the day doing dull worksheets and has not once touched paint or art of any kind.  I have such a bad feeling about this and want to make a change - at least for next year.  There is one charter school 20 minutes away but I have heard that it is not good.  The only other choice that I see is...
I really, really want to buy the interlocking blocks for Christmas, but the shipping is almost 10 bucks! Any codes out there for free shipping or discounts of any kind?
I got a huge tub of K'nex from the thrift store and my 5 year old makes amazing things with them. His older cousins love to play with them too so I imagine we will get years of use out of them. They came with motors and instructions to make a ferris wheel but he's not there yet. He has used the motors to do some cool stuff though. He equally loves his legos so I know where you are coming from! I got him a set of Gears, Gears, Gears which he is also interested in and...
Our house and everything in it smells like smoke from the Station fire and this is the first day I have been able to air it out. I have tried spraying vinegar around but it is not doing much to help. I cannot use Febreze, it would make me sick, but is there a natural alternative I can make or buy?
I know this is not what you are asking for, but I use a lazy susan for mine and I like it because it holds all of the different size vitamins nicely.
Does anyone try to stick to their budget by only using cash? It's my debt card that makes it so easy to spend away! I use cash for the farmer's market so I should be able to use cash for the grocery store, but I am afraid I wont have enough at the check out.
Wow, I am spending almost 400 a month. Trader Joes really gets a lot of our money. I am hoping to go under 300, but maybe that is not realistic.
We have 2 adults and a 4 year old. We spend a shocking amount of money on food every month and I know we can do better. I was wondering what other family of 3s spend. I need some inspiration!
Melis: I am looking at our neighborhood public school and it is a full time kindy. To all of the other posters: I really appreciate reading everyones viewpoints. I just want to clarify that I am not trying to keep him a "baby". I would almost consider our time together when he is not socializing in his preschool to be homeschooling. I have a degree in child development and have taught pre-k for over 15 years prior to having him. I do know that he would be "just...