or Connect

Posts by FreeRangeMama

I have 3 pairs.  My dh does too.  I have the waterproof ones (apparently good for running in snowy weather.....I'll get to try them way to soon).  I also have some for running that I just LOVE.  They feel so fantastic on my feet when I run.  My everyday pair are the leather ones.  Meant for yoga, but I just wear them everywhere.  It is like being barefoot, but with protection.  I am a big fan.   My dh loves them too.  He has running ones, hiking ones, and some other...
          This is the hardest part of anxiety.  Some gentle pushing often necessary.  If you just allow an anxious child to avoid anything that makes them anxious they really start to believe the world IS scary and if YOU don't think they can handle it then they probably can't.  On the other hand, if you push too much (or at the wrong time) they become more anxious as they weren't prepared and they feel LESS secure.  It is a never ending balancing act.   I have two...
I dried them after swimming in the lake, then put them in the laundry bag when I was packing up to leave.  When I got home I dumped out all the laundry and sorted into everyone's dirty laundry hampers and began washing it all.  Everything has been through the laundry cycle since then (probably a few times).  I looked behind the washer and dryer just in case it fell behind.  There is no dirty laundry in the laundry room or in the bedrooms.  The beach towels are put away. ...
Hmmmm, I have searched EVERY bag in the house.  Even the ones that stayed home.    Interesting that you think a girl may have them.  That is what I thought too.  I have searched her room (twice).  Maybe I'll check a third time.
I lost 5 out of our 6 bathing suits.  Gone.  I have looked *everywhere* I could think of.  We used them 2 weeks ago while camping and both dh and I feel certain we saw them as I was unpacking and sorting the camping laundry.  I put in a call to the campground just in case.   Anyone have any thoughts, premonitions, visions, ideas?  I really, really don't want to go out and buy new ones!              
Option #1!  We had all 4 of ours while dh was a student (usually full time) and working (often at 1 or 2 jobs).  It was crazy and busy, but they are all quite close in age and I love that.  He has been working full time since our last was a baby and it is nice that he is available now more than then.  I need him to be here more with older kids than with younger ones as they have activities (both in school and after school) and two available parents are a life-saver! ...
Yay!!  Congratulations.  I wish you both a happy and healthy 9 months. 
My ds1 has never been a good sleeper.  He still takes a very long time to fall asleep.  He gets it from me as I am the same way.  What you are doing now isn't working, so that is a good indicator that it is time to change things.  If you are feeling frustrated then it isn't a beneficial situation for either of you.  It is time to find another way that leaves you both feeling good about the situation.   Since it seems likely that your child is going to be a person who...
I recently went back to work after 10 years at home.  I really highlighted all the other stuff I did while being home with kids.  I ran several playgroups, facilitated support type meetings, child care, etc.  Anything that fit into the customer service category like dealing with people I added.  I also put in my relevant work experience, but it wasn't the focus.    In the interview for my current job I highlighted how I could deal with anything now that I have...
I am in Canada, so gun ownership isn't quite the same issue here.  I don't allow toy guns for my children.  No water guns or nerf guns either.  Occasionally they will receive toys that have guns (like robots with weapons, etc).  I don't take those things away, but they are not allowed to pretend to shoot people.  I strongly oppose guns and therefore I feel it is important to uphold my beliefs in my home.  I do allow sword play, it seems more historical and it isn't as...