or Connect

Posts by FreeRangeMama

Quote: Originally Posted by HeliMom I'm of the camp of our house is your house. Probably due to the fact that my father still doesn't lock his door and occasionally we'd come home to a note on the counter that a neighbor had come in and used/ borrowed something. Our community was just like that. And if you were hosting any event even a pot-luck style, my mom would make sure there was enough food to feed an army. That was hospitality as I was raised to...
This thread makes me realize we are the rudest guests EVER! Oops! My now 5yo still rummages through other peoples fridges, even strangers. Let us in the front door and she is on the hunt for apples. I have tried to stop her, but it is impossible. If I so much as blink she is back in the fridge. I do look forward to the day she "gets" that sort of thing, but it really hasn't happened yet. Thankfully we seem to pretty likable and most people just understand she is...
We have been corn-free for 7 years now. It is still hard! My ds reacts in nearly every way imaginable I think. Breathing, skin, digestive, behavioural. We used to carry an epipen for the severity of his reactions when he was younger. He seems to have less severe reactions now. He still tested negative when we took him for allergy tests. (intradermal testing and RAST). The key is to stick to foods with basic ingredients that you can READ. Everything else you...
It may be a funding issue. Our homeschool facilitator actually recommended that we don't test or grade skip even though we could because funding changes for the higher grade levels. The gifted program also would give us less funding and more involvement from the school board. We want as much funding with as little involvement as possible and our facilitator is great so she advised us to just continue as we are. We can work on what we choose even though we are...
Quote: On miscarriage, the sense of time where spirits are is different than our time on this plane, and sometimes they realize they hopped in at the wrong time and will retreat to come back with better timing (conceiving the next cycle after a m/c, anyone?). I had a dream of a baby once. This baby said, "not yet mama, but the time is soon.". I knew at that moment that I would conceive and m/c, but that my baby would come soon. It was odd though...
My first screamed for 14 hours at a time and never slept more than 5 hours a day (and not all at once). When he got "better" he only screamed for 4-6 hours at a time and still only slept 5 hours a day (and still not all at once). (side note-at 9 he STILL screams 3 hours a day and hardly sleeps, so they don't all grow out of it ). The comment I always got was, "boy, you sure have your hands full". Honestly though, I would have loved to hear how lucky I was. I AM...
Here is what our day is looking like right now. It changes as the needs of my kids change. 7:00 Kids wake, eat breakfast and play while I drink coffee, hang out with dh until he leaves, and check email 9:00 Yoga (this helps the kids sit through learning, especially my very active 6 yo) 9:30-11:30 is our learning time. We do: Buddhist studies math (about 20 min) Copy work (they copy inspirational quotes to work on...
My dd was like that. She started out average, but by the end of the first year she was near the bottom of the growth charts. Soon after that she was WAY below average. At nearly 5 she still only weighs 31lbs (as does her 2 year old sister). I am not worried about her. I occasionally have my moments (I am her mom, it is my job ). But she is full of energy, she LOOKS healthy, her hair and nails grow like crazy (so she is obviously getting lots of nutrients, those...
Quote: "rock a bye baby" definitely! renditions of classics like the beatles/led zeppelin/pink floyd/the pixes on glockenspiels and xylophones without lyrics I just discovered these and I totally want them all. I don't actually have a babe anymore though.....I want them for me