or Connect

Posts by FreeRangeMama

Quote: Gee, this is interesting. My DD has always hated diaper changes and lying on her back generally, except when going to sleep - but you are right, she always nurses down. How did you figure out it was an ear fluid problem, and is there anything to do about it? She ended up with a communication delay as she couldn't hear from her ears being blocked. I didn't realize until much later when we became concerned that she had a hearing problem. We...
How is she on other occasions when she is laying on her back? My dd1 was the same way for diaper changes and other occasions when she was laying flat on her back. In hindsight I know that it was because of chronic problems from her ears. She had fluid and wax problems (still does at 5) and likely there was lots of pressure or discomfort in that position. I never realized it at the time because she never got infections or seemed bothered to be laying down while...
I live in a house that is <1000sqft. We are a homeschooling family of 6. I found that in the early stages of homeschooling I felt compelled to collect learning materials. Educational books, manipulatives of all varieties, and more arts and craft supplies than anyone really needs. We were drowning in stuff! One day it hit me, we don't really use MOST of the stuff I had collected. It is much more fun to get new and interesting books from the library. It is so great...
Quote: We lock only when we are involved in activities that would result in embarrassment if we were walked in on . Our kids would never knock, so we lock when we need to
Introduce yourself I am Laurie, mother to 4 (ages 2, 4, 6, and 9). Discuss what brought you to this place We bought a small house - under 1000sqft - 9 years ago (right before ds1 was born. At the time we thought we would only be here for a year or two before relocating to a new city. Life changed and we decided to stay here, but since our family has grown and our house hasn't we have needed to learn to live simply or risk being overwhelmed by...
subbing. Be back to post later
Yes! You can always tell the couples that have that kind of love vs. those that 'work' more for their relationship. I really think this Quote: the idea being that each is complete and self sufficient in themselves, but choose to be together, maintaining the appropriate boundaries with each other, and honoring each other very highly. is the difference. You cannot fully love another person until you fully love yourself. We have nearly 15...
We keep many toys in the living room. My girls keep dolls and play kitchen stuff in their room, and the boys keep a few favourites in theirs as well. Otherwise all the common toys are in the living room. We don't have as many toys as most people and that really helps! I keep them all in this: http://www.ikea.com/ca/en/catalog/products/10091453 We also have a big wicker basket full of blocks in the corner and some puzzles and games on the bookshelf. Due to our...
I want to join! We have lived in our little city central house for nearly a decade. Each year we have added a little more edible plants. We have raspberries, gooseberries, strawberries, currents, and last year we planted cranberry and a walnut tree. This year we hope to put in a couple of apple trees and a blueberry maze. We also put an herb garden on our boulevard. We don't grow many veggies, just peas and beans on trellises and pumpkins as groundcover. I am...
I have a hamper for towels of all varieties in our room as well. Our house is pretty small so that means it is close to all the places we would use towels, rags, and cloths. We only have 6 towels (one for each of us) so that is one load. The clean ones go in the bathroom. I am considering putting up 6 hooks and getting us each our own towel and cloth to be kept on the hook. I think that would work well so I wouldn't need to have a stack of clean towel. I would just...