or Connect

Posts by kaleidoscopeeyes

Quote: Originally Posted by lovebeingamomma I don't have a problem with traditions by the way, as long as it doesn't conflict with scripture. Even if infant baptism is not specifically documented in the Bible, I do not see how it conflicts either. I can not think of one place it is warned against. Quote: Originally Posted by lovebeingamomma When John made the way for Christ, their is no mention of baby's being baptized....
I've read them both, and honestly...I think they are both skewed. Perhaps one more than the other, but that is a matter for debate not appropriate to this board. I've also been vegan and TF. Vegan definitely didn't work out so well. TF so far has, but that may change in the future. I don't follow the guidelines in NT 100% anyway. When it comes to nutrition, I think you just have to try it and see. Humans are pretty resilient, we can bounce back from most things pretty...
Quote: Originally Posted by Bunnyflakes The Bridge was the best one I have ever seen. Very powerful. It is about people who jump off of the Golden Gate bridge. It is not as morbid as it sounds. It was just fascinating to see people who have contemplated that. oh, that was a good one!
Thanks everyone! I may indeed try out Vespers first. I just seems like when I get up on Sunday morning and think "ah, scary new thing or my cozy comfy Parish?" Well ya know, sometimes it's just easier to stay "in the box." I am going to try though. My heart's already there, just gotta catch the nerve up to it. Thank you though for continuing to be a source of encouragement
Quote: Originally Posted by Purple Sage I'm not Orthodox (hoping to convert one day), and I've actually been thinking a lot lately about the fasting part of it. I was vegan or vegetarian for many years and got pretty run down from it, so I'm trying to think of the healthiest foods to eat during fasting so that I'm ready when the time comes to do it. Anyway, thanks for starting the thread. I'm in the very same boat. Not Orthodox, but think...
The Sookie books are pretty fun, but it won't take you long to get through those. I read the first 9 in about 3 weeks, at only and hour or two a day. Here are a few I've enjoyed: The Lonely Polygamist Farm City (especially if you liked Animal, Vegetable, Miracle.) Wicked (which isn't particularly light, but very fanciful) The Magicians (same as above and I LOVED it!) I'm currently reading The Passage, which is not light or feel good (so far anyway) it's a...
Some of my faves have already been mentioned, but here's a few more: The Devil and Daniel Johnston Jesus Camp Dear Zachary (be prepared to cry a LOT during this one) Food, Inc. Born Into Brothels Boys of Baraka Prodigal Sons Deliver Us From Evil The Life & Times of Harvey Milk 4 Little Girls In the Realms of the Unreal Small Town Gay Bar African American Lives I'll probably think of more later.
Quote: Originally Posted by sapphire_chan I found it really hard to just cut out sugar, it was a lot easier to cut both grains and sugar. Even still eating fruit, I don't have the sugar cravings and they went away after only a day without grains/sugar. I think I would be fine to cut both if I didn't work in a coffee shop (yep, THAT coffee shop). My will power just can not withstand the 4am craving for a vanilla earl grey and a bagel when it is...
I was vegetarian for around 10 years and vegan for a couple of those years. I remember the first time I ate an egg after being vegan felt like the first time I had been sated in years! I've been eating TF (or trying to) for about 2 years and feel great. I started out with chicken stock as my first "meat" food. It was easier just because I could add it to all the things I was already so used to (like rice and beans) and not think about the meat aspect of it (although...
I've been using cloth for about 5 years, love them, would never go back. I've tried I think just about all the washing methods. What works for me is to just drop them in a mesh laundry bag that hangs inside my hamper. A few hours before I do laundry I soak them in a pot with cold water and about 2T of oxygen bleach. After it has soaked awhile, I dump the whole thing in the machine and wash in a normal warm/cold cycle. No stains this way. I had many more stains using...