or Connect

Posts by 2girlsmom

My 14 month old dd does the same thing. Her arms go staight up and she arches her back and SCREAMS!! The only thing I can do is lay her on the floor where she won't hurt herself and wait. When she's done it's like it never happened. She just moves on to the next thing. My oldest dd never did this and was very laid back like your oldest. But dd#2 has always been very high needs. She walked at 9 months and she has been into everything and wants to do all the things...
I have been on Paxil 20mg per day for about 6 months and I feel like I am ready to stop taking it. I've heard that you are not supposed to stop taking it abruptly but to wean it instead. Does anyone have any experience with this and how would I do it? Thanks, Rachel
I keep a potty chair in the car in case we're out and dd has to go. If we're shopping sometimes she can wait till we get back to the car to use the potty chair and other times I just have to let her use the restroom. In that case I cover the seat with toilet paper and hold her hands so she doesn't grab onto the toilet seat. I did buy one of those fold up toilet seat covers but it was just one more thing I had to carry around so I really never used it.
I really appreciate everyone's comments and I have a lot of the same concerns that some of you other mom's have. Especially the other activities that we may want to join outside of Montessori. I wanted to have my dd go to the afternoon class so that I would still have our mornings to do errands, playgroups, library, etc...but now I am wondering if, like you said LizD, she will be so tired after school that I will have trouble with her getting enough rest or just being a...
Does anyone know if I can put my 2 1/2 year old dd on my lap during a flight? The online booking agency says it's ok and I haven't found any specific rules while searching the internet. Thanks, Rachel
I made a visit to a Montessori school near us during their open house. My DH and I were very impressed and excited at the idea of our daughter attending next fall. The only issue we have is that it is 5 days/week for 2 hours and 45 minutes. My DD will be 3 1/2 years old by the time school starts but I've had some people tell me that this is just too much at this age. I think she would have fun but I am also a little hesitant. Any thoughts?? Thanks, Rachel
Hi Mamasan, My 2 1/2 year old daughter had 2 when she was born, one on the back of her neck and the other was in the middle of her back just to the side of her spine. Each were rather large, about the size of a quarter. My ped told me that they would get larger before they got smaller and would eventually disappear. The one on her neck did go away completely at around 18mo and the one on her back is starting to get smaller and less reddish/purple. Since they were...
Paxil worked with a couple days for me. I wasn't feeling like I wanted to hurt myself or the kids so I felt I was safe for a little while. I don't know what other people do because sometimes it's hard to confide in someone and admit you have this problem let alone ask them to come and help you with the kids or yourself or whatever.
Hi everyone. My name is Rachel and I have 2 daughters 12mo and 2 1/2 yrs. I had PPD with my first and was very scared that it would happen again after the birth of #2 but instead I felt great and had no problems. Then when dd#2 was 8 months old it crept back in and there I was very overwhelmed and very anxious and unhappy. The first time I had PPD I was too ashamed to tell anyone and felt like such a failure as a mother, woman and wife. I didn't want to suffer like...
Moon, I know how overwhelming a disappointing birth experience is. I had similar issues when my first dd was born. Her entire first year I thought of my labor and her birth over and over again remembering every little detail. It's important to do this though and it helps to eventually put things in perspective for you. Grief takes time and you will learn to move on and take with you the good memories of your ds's birth.