or Connect

Posts by Catherine12

You can choose whichever option suits your family the best: a parent report and portfolio of the student's work, OR a teacher report, OR a standardized test. You don't have to do a teacher assessment or a test if you don't want to.   At the end of the dept of ed's homeschooling packet there is a list of accepted standardized tests. One problem with going the standardized test route is that you would have to document each of the subject areas that Vermont requires you...
I had the Essure procedure a bit over a year ago.   It went very well - really it was just like the website described. I was still breastfeeding my dd at the time, and having the essure done didn't interfere with that at all, since it's an outpatient procedure with minimum medication necessary (I took high doses of advil and one stronger pain pill right before the procedure, advil for a few days after the procedure. The gyn who did it usually also gives an...
A year ago, my oldest (then 5) was having a lot of problems with my youngest (then 1 and a half). Not wanting to play with her, saying she didn't like her, and so on. Now things are completely different! It all changed when youngest dd starting talking more - I think that helped her older siblings see her as a person more. Now all three kids play together, and the oldest actually enjoys having her little sister around - she likes showing her things, helping her get her...
Quote: Originally Posted by sweet.p I wonder if the new company will allow outsiders who did not have a "Bradley Birth" to now train to teach the method? It's not that people who haven't had a Bradley birth aren't allowed to train - just that people who have had a Bradley Birth are given preference. When I did my training, there was at least one mom who had not taken Bradley classes and had not had Bradley-type births.
Quote: Originally Posted by Rejoicing Oh the Bradley Method book!!! We read it together at night and practiced, otherwise my husband would not have read it at all. He liked doing it together, though! That book is THE BEST! If I could only read ONE book to prepare for birth, that would be it. The one I have is not by the bradley guy, but some woman, elizabeth something or other. It is set up simple and has tons of pictures. I think you're...
I have three pugs. Heat is a much bigger issue for pugs than cold. If he doesn't have breathing problems (not all pugs do) I think he would be fine as long as it is above freezing - just check on him while he is out, and if he seems to have labored breathing, or to be shivering and looking miserable, bring him in. You will soon get a sense for how much cold affects him and how much time he likes to spend outside. If it is below freezing, I wouldn't expect him to want to...
I love the weather here and think we get just the right amount of sun (even in the winter, there are sunny days. They're just cold sunny days.) But I did become vitamin D deficient after a few years here (can't say for sure I wasn't deficient before - I've spent most of my life in a similar climate but was never tested until switching to a doctor who was more aware of the issue - she says about 3/4 of her patients have low vitamin D levels). So adding a vitamin D...
I would sanitize your diapers (either by boiling them or by adding bleach to the wash and doing two or three washes in a row) to make sure they aren't harboring germs. I've found this to be helpful in similar situations. You could also try changing her diaper during the night. I do this when my 2.5 yo has a rash and it really helps speed up the healing - I just change her before I go to bed (about two hours after she goes to bed - she is often already wet at this...
Quote: Originally Posted by WifeofAnt Eh, I've only seen kittens born and they all came out in pretty much the same pattern. Kitten first, placenta about a minute or two later (still attached to the cord), repeat until all kittens are born. Then once they were all out she started eating the placenta and severing the cord. Maybe my cat was just odd but all 8 kittens followed the same pattern. I used to breed dogs (have delivered about a...
First baby: 22 hours (1.5 hours pushing), 6 lbs 9 oz. Second: 20 hours (20 minutes pushing), 8 lbs 6 oz. Third: Just over an hour (10 minutes pushing), 8 lbs 8 oz. Also, in addition to each labor being quicker than the last, each was also less painful. I wouldn't worry too much about size. When my second was born, I was shocked at how big he was - because he didn't feel any bigger coming out than dd had! Just the opposite. And I didn't tear, either, despite tearing the...