or Connect

Posts by moongoddess176

thanks
  Thanks for all the support.  
Hello All!    One month ago I gave birth at home to a beautiful 9lb 9oz baby boy named Joseph Phoenix, but he decided that he did not need to stay long in this world and he died the next day.  The story is long and involved and for now I do not have it in me to write it, but I have been pumping and established a decent milk supply.  I am keeping some of it to give to my other son Chiron, but I am soon going to have more milk than I need.    I am looking for a mom...
I am also not a midwife, but a mother who had her first child as a UC that was successful, but with a post hemmhorage (I can never spell that word). Not life threatening, but large. Would I UC again, yes. But what I really wanted to write about was not statistics or logistics, but how do you feel about UC? I think that is probably the most important factor in a UC is what is the mothers intuition telling you? Ask yourself and sit with it until you are really...
Hey all! We are in the area visiting my in-laws for the next couple of months and my 3 yo son could really use some kids time. Are there any playgroups meeting in the area or would anyone want to get together with us for some hang outs? Would love any info and we are available much ofthe time right now. Thanks. Alicia
Thank you all for your insightful input. We have an appt tomarrow to start the vaccine series. One more question though, I was thinking about not getting the MMR, because the diseases are usually not that serious in healthy kids (which he is not immune compromised), but what are people's thought on that one too, because I'm now having second thoughts. Also, we have 10 weeks until we leave and I am wondering how many vaccinines is it relatively safe to give him at...
I believe that the issue is more emotional than physical. I don't personally like the idea of laxatives for an emotional issue. Thanks for the suggestion, but does anyone else have another idea??
Long story short...my son is going to be 3 in December. This past summer he started showing all the signs of potty training readyness. We were very gentle with it and followed his lead, he will pee in the potty most of the time now. He started pooing in the potty, but stopped and said that "it hurt." I can understand that because sitting on the modern potty is one of the worst ways to empty your bowels, but none the less, I would love to continue the potty use. Then...
I guess I am just mostly looking for opinions, related stories and support here. My three yo ds has never been vaccinated, but we are moving to Thailand and India for the better part of a year. He is a super healthy kid overall and I am still breastfeeding a bit. My concern is mostly that he has Cystic Fibrosis and for those that don't know anything about it, he is more suseptable to serious lung complications if he contracts a bug. For this reason we are thinking...
Wow! I really need to try and get on here more often. Now that I'm living out of Portland, I come on here so infrequently and I miss seeing you mamas. I'm on here to post about a family friendly show that Lincoln (my dh) is playing in Portland tomarrow night at Mississippi Pizza! The shows have been such a success and so much fun for the kids that they asked him to do one a month. So the details are: Lincoln Crockett and Dave Clarke Mississippi Pizza Wednesday...