or Connect

Posts by asoulunbound

I have a friend who is planning on cding baby #2 due out in June. I wanted to make her (ok and myself) some luxury/"extras" that are CD safe. Any recipes, things to avoid, etc? For example, I looked up some baby powder recipes- most mentioned corn starch. Would that promote yeast? Etc. I need ingredients that are not very expensive (Don't have a lot of extra cash for these things!) and available to me to procure (I live in Maryland). oh,, and fairly simple, if thats not...
I would imagine sunning would help the stains- after the other suggestions of course. I'd go easy on the bleach because it might weaken the fibers. I know this time of year sun is hard to come by, but I'd leave them out for a full day if possible. I just did this with dd's dipes after a few months of not being able to sun them and they are white! Don't feel bad- I know I've tucked a dirty dipe into the diaper bag and forgot it for a few days... oops. But a rinse, boil,...
How cute! It amazes me how tiny nb are- the snappi is as big as the torso! DD is 16 mths and it is hard for me to remember she was ever that little.
I'm actually getting really apprehensive about going to see a pro bono therapist this Friday. Hopefully it is helpful.
I use prefolds with snappis and very nice homemade covers (yay gramma!) or second/third hand white bummis wraps. The only thing that are new are the homemade diapers. This is at least the third child using the bummis/prefolds- the family we got them from just had baby number five, and they were used when they got them (They were cleaned thoroughly and they were free to me, and have held up great). Naturally, they are starting to show signs of wear- like several of my snaps...
Currently I nurse DD and then let her stand and play with a stuffed doll on the pew or sleep in my arms. I try and run her around before the service too. We go to a small kid friendly church- they are ok if she does laps (I'm not). I've also spent a service or two at an unfamiliar church in the "cry room" even when she was happy because the new place was so interesting she wanted to explore. everything. sigh we've missed several weeks now, and since dh does not attend,...
nak btw!
thank you for all the responses. was definitely not trying to cause a row. i have been very busy and hadn't been able to log in. I think my fav was good for the herd bad for the horse! I feel like I'm fighting an uphill battle- I'm the only non vaxer I know. Fortunately dh had a change of heart and is on board. I'm grateful for all the information provided on this site.
I think MD is a stricter state then some. I was kicked out of my ped's office, and it took a while to find another. I believe in don't ask don't tell. We have a religious exemption where we state we are not vaxing our child due to "our religious beliefs" then my husband and I signed it. As for your specific situation, I would definitely be as proactive as possible. I don't know much about day care because DD stays with family at home when I work. What county or area of...