or Connect

Posts by angmul

The answers you have received so far have been great. Ione, you really crack me up. I don't know if I ever could have said "relactate" to my MIL. LOL! Another good one when people ask rude questions is just to say "the baby's doing great. Thanks for asking" and change the subject.
I can't believe these stories! I am personally offering to email these people and tell them off, if anyone is interested. They don't know me, so who cares? I can cut and paste this thread, changing all names and such. How disgusting!
Okay, mamas. I am a hardcore prefold user, so I have never actually tried anything else on my sweet babe. I just received a wonderful looking fuzzi bunz that I ordered. However, I gotta say, it looks a little non-absorbant. There is a pocket in the back - do I slip a prefold in there? Or do I put in a doubler? How does it work? Don't laugh!
Hello! I was wondering if you could give me advice on starting an activist group. I am interested in forming a group that could be a resource and advocacy group for cloth diapering. I would like it to be group dedicated to education and information, as well as support and advice on all diaper-related issues. I am also interested in the group doing activism and public outreach, so more people can be exposed to the concept of cloth diapering. They do not seem to have...
Hello! I was wondering if you could give me advice on starting an activist group. I am interested in forming a group that could be a resource and advocacy group for cloth diapering. I would like it to be group dedicated to education and information, as well as support and advice on all diaper-related issues. I am also interested in the group doing activism and public outreach, so more people can be exposed to the concept of cloth diapering. They do not seem to have...
Thanks! Actually, TinyTots was one of the first places I checked. I posted a note on their message board. No one seems interested in this topic. Maybe I need to write an article about the need for activism in this issue. It seems completely dead, at least here in the US. An advocacy group could be a resource for facts, information and advice on issues related to cloth diapering. It could be accessible to everyone: families, the media, public officals, health...
Hello! I was wondering if anyone knows of any advocacy groups or coalitions of people interested in promoting cloth diapers. If not, I would like to start one, maybe to create some educational materials, and perhaps inform the masses about the dangers of disposable diapers. I can't believe how many moms tell me that there isn't a difference with regards to environmental impact. People are misinformed, and it is time to be educated. If anyone knows of such a group in the...
Hello! I was wondering if anyone knows of any advocacy groups or coalitions of people interested in promoting cloth diapers. If not, I would like to start one, maybe to create some educational materials, and perhaps inform the masses about the dangers of disposable diapers. I can't believe how many moms tell me that there isn't a difference with regards to environmental impact. People are misinformed, and it is time to be educated. If anyone knows of such a group in the...
Hi! Please excuse an ignorant question. I breastfeed my 16-month old toddler every morning and evening, and also at lunchtime (on the days I am not away from her), but I don't give her other milk or formula, at least not on a consistant basis. On the two days a week that I work, she has goat milk at daycare. Other than that, I almost never give her other supplements. I am wondering if I need to be doing this. I am not worried about her weight - she is 22 pounds, and 31...
I agree with the others about this woman's temper and the swearing. That is so inappropriate. It was also very wrong to not validate your feelings. You are right because you are the mommy! How dare she yell at you like you are a child. I think the others were right when they said to listen to your inner "mama" voice that tells you this is wrong. It sounds like it to me. Good luck!