or Connect

Posts by momsgotmilk4two

I wouldn't say anything. I don't think that because I allow my children to eat meat (dh and I are new vegetarians and the kids started out on an omni diet) I should also allow them to tourture the family cat (not that they would, just an example). We all have our shades of grey and very few people are able to live exactly within their ideals of how the world should work.
I'm practicing yoga 2-4 times a week at a studio. I have found several teachers that I love and have been taking mainly Ashtanga with 1 other vinyasa class and an anusara class thrown in. I love the atmosphere at the studio and feel like I can really focus and be in the moment. It's just not the same trying to do it at home with my kids running around. I tend to just stick to running or aerobics when I'm at home. I really love yoga not just for the physical, but for...
I'm newly vegetarian and I don't think you are doing anything wrong. My kids still eat meat because they have grown up on it and don't want to give it up. We were big meat eaters before and never lied to them about where meat came from. When they asked we have told them that steak is cow, chicken is the actual animal, chicken, and ham is pig, etc. They never had a problem with this info and I don't think it's right to lie to kids about it and then have them be...
I just wanted to chime in and say that I completely understand your feelings, right down to the dp who is telling you to either wean or just let him nurse. My dh was the same way. He'd say either let him nurse or don't, but his constant whining to nurse is driving me insane. Of course my ambivilant feelings about the whole thing didn't help. I wanted to let them (I was tandem nursing) nurse as long as they wanted to but my body was just NOT cooperating. So I finally...
Before the break they had learned all of the letters and the sounds that they make using zoophonics. They had also started to get word families- this week is the "um" family (hum, strum, drum, plum, etc.). They also have sight word lists. I think there are 200 words in all for the whole year, but they get them in 10 lists of 20 words each. We go over them at home, they read them to their teacher at school when they are ready, then they move on to the next list. They...
I trust dh completely with the kids. He doesn't do things exactly how I do them, but that's okay. Another mother wouldn't do things exactly the way I'd do them either. When I had my first, I worried about how the baby would do without me and I felt guilt when I left him with anyone, even dh. I thought a "good mother" wanted to be with her child 24/7 and if I needed a break that meant I didn't love my child enough. I didn't have that problem after the 2nd and 3rd came...
I'm a mom so I hope you don't mind me chiming in My dh has moved his career in a direction that gives him more time at home with us. He works for a computer software company and if he were to go into the development side of things, he would be able to make more money. Instead, he's chosen a career path that isn't quite as lucritive, but has him working regular hours and he's home by 5:30 every evening and also every weekend. His work is also flexible and 5 min. from...
Dh had his done by a urologist who does Vasectomies all day on Fridays. He cranks them out one after another and it only took 20 min. We saw the guy coming out before him and then the guy waiting after him He took a valium to relax before (the uro rx'd this for him) which he really reccommends. He was laughing in the car on the way over so I guess it did the trick. He was sore for about a week afterward, but nothing terrible. He was really good about icing it. We...
Quote: Originally Posted by Nature No, I suppose if I had a choice you're right. I wouldn't live there. However, what if I didn't have that choice? What if I was born in the area, landed on SSDI and now have to try to put a roof over my head, pay all the bills, and food and gas for 1,000 a month. Since I haven't been in that situation, I can't say. I wonder what others in that situation do? Do they move clear across the country, among strangers, just for...
My 7.5 yr old still wets the bed every night. We buy him Goodnights, we bought a mattress cover, and we don't make it a big deal. He has gone to sleepovers at a friend's house and not been teased. In fact, the friend's mom gave me the rest of a pack of Goodnights that she had since this friend had just recently stopped wetting the bed himself It is more common than you think! Dh and I were both bedwetters. If he doesn't stop by age 8 or so, our Dr. said we can try...